Open Access Subscription Access
Comparative Analysis of Different Strategies of Image Fusion using Fuzzy logic
The term fusion means in general approach to extract information acquired in several domains. Image fusion is the process of integrating multiple images of same scene into a single fused image to reduce uncertainty, minimizing redundancy while extracting all the useful information from the source images. Fuzzy logic is very much useful in systems where there is no direct relation between input and output. In the process like image fusion there is no way of to find direct relation between intensity of every pixel of input image and output image. There has lot of uncertainty involved in the process. Fuzzy logic provides a way to create relation between intensity of every pixel of input and output image. This paper presents different strategies of image fusion using fuzzy logic. A comparative analysis of image fusion performance of different image fusion strategies using fuzzy logic applied on the images taken in different lighting condition gives the better approach to its future work.
Fuzzy Logic, Image Fusion, Image Fusion Strategies, Image Fusion Performances.
- Metwalli MR, Nasr AH, Allah OSF, El-Rabaie S. Image fusion based on principal component analysis and high-pass filter. Proceeding of IEEE Conference on Computer Engineering and Systems, Cairo. 2009; 1:63–70.
- Gangkofner UG, Pradhan PS, Holcomb DW. Optimizing the HighPass Filter Addition Technique for Image Fusion. Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing. 2008; 1107–18.
- Rani K, Sharma R. Study of Image Fusion using Discrete wavelet and Multiwavelet Transform. International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering. 2013; 1(4):795–9.
- Dong-xu H, Yu M, Cheng-yi W. Contrast pyramid based image fusion scheme for infrared image and visible image. Proceeding of IEEE Conference on Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium, Vancouver. 2011; 597–600.
- Zadeh L. Fuzzy Sets Inform. Control. 1965; 8(3):338–53.
- Singh H, Raj J, Kaur G, Meitzler T. Image fusion using fuzzy logic and applications. Proceeding of IEEE Conference on Fuzzy systems, Budapest. 2004; 1:337–40.
- Gopmandal F, Pal S. Color Image Fusion Using Fuzzy Logic. International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET). 2015; 02(02).
- Singh S, Bawa N, Kaur A. Review of an Edge Preserving Image Fusion. International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering. 2015; 5(8).
Abstract Views: 481
PDF Views: 179