Open Access Subscription Access
Virtual Keyboard Implementation
The Association for Computing Machinery defines Human Computer Interaction as "a discipline concerned with the design, evaluation and implementation of interactive computing systems for human use and with the study of major phenomena surrounding them". An important facet of Human Computer Interaction (HCI) is the securing of user satisfaction (or simply End User Computing Satisfaction). This paper aims at creating a Virtual Keyboard using a webcam and a color pointer. A Virtual Keyboard have been developed using 2D webcam instead of any other specialized hardware. This key-board will overcome problems of traditional keyboard and serve as an add-on for it to make computing very easy and efficient for general users of computer. Traditional keyboards were not reconfigurable. We cannot change the specifications of keyboard according to need of individual. We cannot use a key for some abstract or user defined purpose, those keys of traditional keyboard behaved in a specific predefined or say preprogrammed manner. In Virtual Keyboard every key will be configurable according to the need of user.
Colour Pointer, Configurable, Human Computer Interaction,Virtual Keyboard.
- Adajania Y, Gosalia J, Kanade A, Mehta H, Shekokar N. Virtual Keyboard using Shadow Analysis. Third International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology; Goa. ,2010 Nov 19-20. p. 163–5.
- Hernanto S, Suwardi IS. Webcam Virtual Keyboard. International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Informatics (ICEEI); Bandung, Indonesia. 2011 Jul 17-19. p. 1–5.
- Kolsch M,Turk, M. Keyboards without Keyboards: A survey of Virtual Keyboards. Workshop on Sensing and Input for Media centric Systems; Santa Barbara, CA. 2002 Jun 20-21. p. 1–8.
- Du H, Oggier T, Lustenburger F, Charbon E. A Virtual Keyboard based on true-3D optical ranging. Proc British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC); Oxford. 2005 Sep. p. 220–9.
- Matsui N, Yamamoto Y. A new input method of computers with One CCD Camera: Virtual Keyboard. Keio University; 2000.
- Wilson AD. PlayAnywhere: A compact interactive tabletop projectionvision system. Proceedings of the 18th Annual ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology; Seattle, WA, USA. 2005. p. 83–92.
- Segen J, Kumar S. Shadow gestures: 3D hand pose estimation using a single camera. Proceedings of Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition; 1999. p. 479–85.
- Mantyjarvi J, Koivumaki J, Vuori P. Keystroke recognition for Virtual Keyboard. 2002. IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo. 2002; 2:429–32.
- Gupta S, Ghosh S. Sobel edge detection algorithm. International Journal of Computer Science and Management Research. 2013 Feb; 2(2):1578–83.
- Maini R, Aggarwal H. Study and comparison of various image edge detection techniques. IJIP. 2009; 3(1):1-11.
- Argyle E. Techniques for edge detection. Proc IEEE. 1971; 59:285–6.
- Kalpana M, Kishorebabu G, Sujatha K. Extraction of edge detection using digital image processing techniques. International Journal of Computational Engineering Research. 2012 Sep; 2(5):1562–6.
- Lizhen L. Discussion of digital image edge detection method. Mappingaviso; 2006. p. 40–2.
- An M, Zhihui Z. Several edge detection operators comparation. Industry and Mining Automation; 2004. p. 54–6.
- Zhiguo L. Image processing and analysis based on MATLAB. Beijing: Defense Industry Publication; 2007. p. 4.
- Nadernejad E. Edge Detection techniques: Evaluations and Comparisons. Applied Mathematical Sciences. 2008; 2(31):1507–20.
- Maini R, Aggarwal H. Study and comparison of various image edge detection techniques. IJIP. 2009; 3(1):1–11.
Abstract Views: 449
PDF Views: 525