Open Access Subscription Access
Performance Evaluation of LEACH Variants
Wireless Sensor Networks comprise huge number of sensor nodes which collect facts from the backgrounds of environment where these nodules are fixed or prescribed in random manner. WSN is an energy built structure in which recognizing and communicating of data involves an enormous volume of energy. These sensor nodes are to be arrayed in a strict environment, there is a huge possibility that some of these nodes may get damaged and fail to work, in result these sensor nodes are proficient of sensing data till the energy remains inside them. Hence to diminish the intake of energy by the sensor nodes is the main aspect of the sensor networks. For the energy efficiency of network, there are many energy efficient protocols like LEACH, RZLEACH. They prolong the network lifetime and reduce the energy consumption. This paper has focused on the energy efficient protocol of WSN. LEACH, RZLEACH has been considered for evaluation purpose. The overall objective is to find the best protocol among LEACH, RZLEACH. The experiment has been done using MATLAB tool along with help of data analysis tool box. The experiment result has shown that the RZLEACH outperforms over available protocols.
Cluster Head, LEACH, Multiplexing, Rendezvous Nodes, WSN.
- Mottaghi S, Zahabi MR. Optimizing LEACH clustering algorithm with mobile sink and rendezvous nodes.” AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications 69, no. 2, pp. 507-514, 2015
- Salim A, Osamy W, Khedr AM. IBLEACH: Intra-Balanced LEACH protocol for wireless sensor Networks. New York: Springer Science + Business Media; 2014.
- Javaid N, Mohammad SN, Latif K, Qasim U, Khan ZA, Khan MA. HEER; Hybrid energy Efficient Reactive Protocol. IEEE; 2013.
- Ahlawat A, Malik V. An extended vice-cluster selection approach to improve V LEACH Protocol. WSN IEEE 3rd International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communication Technologies; 2013. p. 236-40.
- Beiranvand Z, Patooghy A, Fazeli M. I-LEACH: An efficient routing algorithm to improve performance and to reduce energy consumption in wireless sensor networks. IEEE 5th International Conference on Information and Knowledge Technology; 2013. p. 13-8.
- Jayaseelan G, Rajalaxmi SK. Hard network lifetime wireless sensor networks with high energy first clustering. Engineering Science IJEST. 2013; 5(03).
- Hussain K, Abdullah AH, Awan KM, Ahsan F and Hussain A. Cluster head election schemes for WSN and MANET: A survey. World Applied Sciences Journal. 2013; 23(5):611-20.
- Munjal R, Malik B. Approach for improvement in LEACH protocol for wireless sensor network. 2nd International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communication Technologies (IEEE); Rohtak, Haryana. 2012. p. 517-21.
- Chen G, Zhang X, Yu J, Wang M. An improved LEACH algorithm based on heterogeneous energy of nodes in wireless sensor networks. IEEE International Conference on Computing, Measurement, Control and Sensor Network; 2012. p. 101-4.
- Kashaf A, Javaid N, Khan Z, Khan I. TSEP: Threshold-Sensitive Stable Election Protocol for WSNs. IEEE 10th International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology; 2012. p. 164-8.
- Sharma M, Shaw AK. Transmission time and throughput analysis of EEE LEACH, LEACH and Direct Transmission Protocol: A Simulation Based Approach. ACIJ. 2012; 3(5).
- Shi S, Liu X, Gu X. An energy-efficiency optimized LEACH-C for wireless sensor networks. IEEE 7th International ICST Conference on Communications and Networking in China (CHINACOM); Kun Ming. 2012. p. 487-92.
Abstract Views: 418
PDF Views: 180