Open Access Subscription Access
Integrated Weed Management in Elephant Foot Yam
The experiment was conducted at Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Bilaspur during 2017-18 and 2018-19 to find out alternatives to manual weeding in elephant foot yam. The manual weeding and herbicides alone and in combinations were tried. The results revealed that pre emergence application of alachlor @1.00 kg a.i./ha along with hand weeding after 60 days of planting is the most effective and economic treatment for weed management and getting highest return in elephant foot yam variety 'Palam Zimikand-1' under low hill condition of Himachal Pradesh.
Elephant Foot Yam, Weed Management, Weed Density, Corm Yield, Economics.
- Anonymous. 2018. Complete Package and Practices for Cultivation of Vegetable Crops in Himachal Pradesh, Directorate of Extension Education, CSK HPKV, Palampur, Himachal Pradesh, pp.62-65.
- Gomez GA and Gomez AA. 1984. Statistically Procedures for Agricultural Research, 2nd edition, John Wiley and Sons, New York.
- Kumar JS, More SJ, Bhju G, Sunita S, Veena SS, Nedunchezhiyan and Ravi V. 2019. Effect of new generation herbicides on weed management, corm yield and economics of elephant foot yam. International Journal of Chemical Studies 7(3):1213-1218.
- Mawalia AK, Kumar S and Rana SS. 2015. Economics of post-emergence weed control in garden pea (Pisum sativum) under mid hill conditions of Himachal Pradesh. Himachal Journal of Agricultural Research 41(1):15-29.
- Nedunchezhiyan M, Laxminarayana K and Chauhan VBS. 2018. Soil microbial activities and yield of elephant foot yam as influenced by weed management practices in alfosols. International Journal of Vegetable Science 24(6): 583-596.
- Nedunchezhiyan M, Ravindra CS and Ravi V. 2013. Weed management in ischolar_main and tuber crops in India: Critical analysis. Journal of Root Crops 39 (2): 13-20.
- Rana MC, Nag M, Rana SS and Sharma GD. 2013. Influence of post-emergence herbicides on weeds and productivity of garden peas (Pisum sativum) under mid hill conditions of Himachal Pradesh. Indian Journal of Agronomy 58:226-230.
- Saravaiya SN, Chaudhari PP, Chauhan GG, Patel NB, Patel KA and Chaudhari JH. 2010. Influence of spacing, time of planting and seed crom size on yield of elephant foot yam Nicolson cv. Gajendra under Gujarat conditions. Asian Journal of Horticulture 5 (1):119-120.
- Sekhar L, Thomas CG and Sindhu PV. 2017. Weed management on elephant foot yam [Amorphophallus paeoniifolius (Dennst) Nicholson]. Journal of Tropical Agriculture. 55 (1):76-80.
- Singh R, Sud D and Kumar S. 2012. Cultivation of elephant foot yam to make farmers prosperous. Indian Horticulture 57 (1): 3-4.
- Singh RS, Narayan A and Singh PP. 2018. Effect of weed management practices on weed dynamics, yield and economics of elephant foot yam (Amorphophallus paeoniifolius). International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences 7:4592-4598.
- Singh RS, Pandey A, Dwivedi DK, Pandey IB and Singh D. 2014. Effect of herbicides on weed dynamics and yield of elephant foot yam. Biennial Conference on emerging challenges in weed management. 15-17 Feb., Pp:63.
- Thangam M, Devi P, Safeena SA, Desai AR, Arunachalam V, Gupta MJ and Singh NP. 2013. Improved production technology of elephant foot yam. Extension Folder No. 61.
Abstract Views: 269
PDF Views: 0