Open Access Subscription Access
Effect of Organic Sources of Nutrients on Growth and Growth Indices of Cowpea (Vigna unguiculata) Under Mid Hill Conditions of Himachal Pradesh
A field experiment was conducted at Research Farm, Department of Agronomy, CSK Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya, Palampur during the Kharif 2019, to evaluate the effect of organic nutrient sources on growth and growth indices of cowpea. The experiment was laid out in randomized block design consisting of eight treatments [T1-Bijamrita + Jiwamrita (5%, 10% and 10%, respectively at 21, 42 & 63 DAS), T2–Bijamrita + Ghanajiwamrita (250 kg/ha), T3 - Bijamrita + Jiwamrita (5%, 10% and 10%, respectively at 21, 42 & 63 DAS) + Ghanajiwamrita (250 kg/ha), T4 - Farm yard manure (10 t/ha), T5 - Farm yard manure (10 t/ha) + Ghanajiwamrita (250 kg/ha), T6 - Biofertilizers (Rhizobium + PSB @ 10g/kg of seed) + Farm yard manure (10t/ha) + Vermiwash at 15, 30 & 45 DAS (1:10), T7 - Biofertilizers (Rhizobium + PSB @10 g/kg of seed) + Vermicompost (7.5 t/ha) + Vermiwash at 15, 30 & 45 DAS (1:10), T8 - Absolute control]. Application of farm yard manure @10 t/ha + Ghanajiwamrita @ 250 kg/ha resulted in the significantly higher values of plant height, dry matter accumulation, absolute growth rate and unit area efficiency over rest of the treatments.
Cowpea, Dry Matter Accumulation, Nutrients, Plant Height.
- Anonymous. 2017. Annual Report. Directorate of Pulses Development, Vindhyachal Bhavan, Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare, Ministry of agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Government of India, Bhopal.
- Anonymous. 2018. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Rome, Italy. (http://www.faostat.fao.org).
- Davis DW, Oelke EA, Oplinger ES, Doll JD, Hanson CV and Patnam DH. 2000. Alternative Field crops Manual. http.//www.Hort.purduc.edu/newcrop/afcm/cowpea.html.
- Pargi KL, Leva RL, Vaghasiya HY and Patel HA. 2016. Integrated nutrient management in summer cowpea (Vigna unguiculata L.) under south Gujarat condition. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences 7(9): 1513-1522.
- Singh AK, Bhatt BP, Sundaram PK and Kumar S. 2012. Study of site specific nutrients management of cowpea seed production and their effect on soil nutrient status. Journal of Agricultural Science 4 (10): 191-198.
- Yogananda SB, Devakumar N, Shruti MK and Ningaraju. 2015. Growth and yield of cowpea as influenced by different sources of organic manures. In: National Symposium on Organic Agriculture for Sustainable Food Security: Challenges and Opportunities, Tamil Nadu, India. P 113.
Abstract Views: 250
PDF Views: 0