Open Access Subscription Access
Bio-efficacy of flumioxazin against mixed weed flora in grassland of Himachal Pradesh
A field experiment was conducted during kharif 2021 at the Research Farm of Department of Agronomy, College of Agriculture CSK Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya, Palampur, to study the bio-efficacy of flumioxazin against mixed weed flora in grassland. The experiment was laid out in Randomized Block Design with three replications. The experiment consisted of nine weed control treatments viz., flumioxazin 150 g/ha, 200 g/ha, 250 g/ha, 300 g/ha, 500 g/ha, oxyfluorfen 1000 g/ha, weed free, glyphosate 4000 g/ha and untreated control. The major weeds in the experiment area were Ageratum conyzoides, Erigeron canadensis, Bidens pilosa, Cynodon dactylon, Cyperus sp., Digitaria sanguinalis and Plantago lanceolata. The results revealed that post-emergence application of flumioxazin 500 g/ha, which was statistically at par with flumioxazin 300 g/ha, flumioxazin 250 g/ha, flumioxazin 200 g/ha and glyphosate 4000 g/ha were quite effective in controlling weeds with higher weed control efficiency. Application of flumioxazin 300 g/ha resulted in significantly higher fresh and dry herbage yield of grasses which was at parwith flumioxazin 500 g/ha, 250 g/ha and 200 g/ha.
Flumioxazin, weed control, grassland.
- Angiras NN. 2014. Management of perennial weeds under non-cropped hill ecosystems. Indian Journal of Weed Science 46 (1):52-60.
- Corbett J, Askew S, Thomas Wand Wilcut J. 2004. Weed efficacy evaluations for bromoxynil, glufosinate, glyphosate, pyrithiobac, and sulfosate. Weed Technology 18 (2):443-453.
- Kumar S, Sharma N, Manuja S and Bhalla T. 2021. Bioefficacy and phytotoxicity of glyphosate 41% SL on weed flora and its effect on soil microbial activities in non-cropped area. Journal of Natural Resource Conservation and Management 2 (1):81-83.
- Mishra A and Tosh GC. 1979. Chemical weed control studies on dwarf wheat. Journal of Research (Orissa University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology) 10:1-6.
- Pooja, Kumar S, Sharma N, Rana SS and Manuja S. 2021. Bio-Efficacy of GOD H007 formulation, in semitemperate undulating pasture lands of Himachal Pradesh. Himachal Journal of Agricultural Research 46 (2):205- 209.
- Rana SS, Badiyala D, Sharma N and Kumar R. 2015. Major weeds in the non cropped lands of Himachal Pradesh. Department of Agronomy, CSK Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya, Palampur.
- Rana SS, Kumar S, Sharma N and Angiras NN. 2017. Herbicide management of Parthenium hysterophorus L. in grassland ecosystem of Himachal Pradesh. Contemporary Research in India ISSNN 2231-2137.
- Sridhara S, Nandini R, Gopakkali P and Somavanshi AV. 2019. Weed control efficiency and weed index in soybean as influenced by flumioxazin and its effect on succeeding green gram. International Journal of Chemical Studies 7 (6):872-875
Abstract Views: 53
PDF Views: 0