Open Access Subscription Access
Spectrum Management in 6G HetNet Based on Smart Contracts and Harmonized Software-Defined Networking-Enabled Approach
6G networks are predicted to provide new prospects for Smart Cities and Internet of Things (IoT) applications because of their global seamless coverage. Therefore, to fulfil the growing need for huge data rates for 6G and greater applications, network capacity must be enhanced. As a result, there is an increase in spectrum demand. Only by successfully sharing existing spectrum and avoiding spectrum underutilization will the increased demand for cellular services be addressed. As a result, for 6G to achieve considerably enhanced network capacity, efficient spectrum management systems must be developed. As a result, maintaining 6G's predicted huge network capacity in such as heterogeneous environment necessitates the shared exploitation of available spectrum resources through dynamic coordination across device and network, which can be accomplished by incorporating SDN into 6G networks. Due to the increased speeds and reliability of 6G networks, users may have to pay more for energy, to overcome these issues, In this paper, a novel proposed a 6G HetNet spectrum management system based on HSA and Smart Contracts. HSA harmonizes network operation by spreading local decision-making and network-wide policy-making processes between BS and the SDN controller, correspondingly, to relieve any possible controller scalability and latency difficulties. And, to tackle the intricacies of service-level agreements, leverage blockchain's smart contract technology, which allows for automation and trustworthy, transparent radio spectrum negotiation among several parties. This proposed solution is dependable, scalable, and implementable, as seen by the results.
6G, Spectrum Management, Harmonized SDN-Enabled Approach, Blockchain, Smart Contracts, Software-Defined Networking.
- Zhang, Z., Xiao, Y., Ma, Z., Xiao, M., Ding, Z., Lei, X., Karagiannidis, G.K. and Fan, P., 2019. 6G wireless networks: Vision, requirements, architecture, and key technologies. IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine, 14(3), pp.28-41.
- Qamar, F., Siddiqui, M.U.A., Hindia, M.H.D., Hassan, R. and Nguyen, Q.N., 2020. Issues, challenges, and research trends in spectrum management: A comprehensive overview and new vision for designing 6G networks. Electronics, 9(9), p.1416.
- Agrawal, R., 2022. Comparison of Different Mobile Wireless Technology (From 0G to 6G). ECS Transactions, 107(1), p.4799.
- Zheng, S., Han, T., Jiang, Y. and Ge, X., 2020. Smart contract-based spectrum sharing transactions for multi-operators wireless communication networks. IEEE Access, 8, pp.88547-88557
- Ye, J., Kang, X., Liang, Y.C. and Sun, S., 2021. A Trust-Centric Privacy-Preserving Blockchain for Dynamic Spectrum Management in IoT Networks. arXiv preprint arXiv:2106.13958.
- Ibrahim, M.M. and Azzuhri, S.R., 2022. Coexistence of Wi-Fi 6e with Lte-U/Laa in the 5 Ghz Frequency Band (No. 9242). EasyChair.
- Venugopalan, K. and Sumathy, V., 2021. Interference mitigation with spectrum sharing and aggregation for SDN based cognitive networks. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, pp.1-11.
- Cicioğlu, M., Cicioğlu, S. and Çalhan, A., 2020. SDN-enabled Cognitive Radio Network Architecture. IET Communications, 14(18), pp.3153-3160.
- Abbas, K., Afaq, M., Ahmed Khan, T., Rafiq, A., Iqbal, J., Ul Islam, I. and Song, W.C., 2020. An efficient SDN‐based LTE‐WiFi spectrum aggregation system for heterogeneous 5G networks. Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, p.e3943.
- Liang, Y., Lu, C., Zhao, Y. and Sun, C., 2021. Interference-based consensus and transaction validation mechanisms for blockchain-based spectrum management. IEEE Access, 9, pp.90757-90766.
- Xie, J., Zhang, K., Lu, Y. and Zhang, Y., 2021. Resource-efficient DAG Blockchain with Sharding for 6G Networks. IEEE Network.
- Maksymyuk, T., Gazda, J., Volosin, M., Bugar, G., Horvath, D., Klymash, M. and Dohler, M., 2020. Blockchain-empowered framework for decentralized network management in 6G. IEEE Communications Magazine, 58(9), pp.86-92.
- Basu, D., Jain, A., Rao, A.S., Ghosh, U. and Datta, R., 2022, January. Multi-cluster dynamic load balancing in vsdn-enabled 5g heterogeneous network for smart cyber-physical systems. In 2022 14th International Conference on COMmunication Systems & NETworkS (COMSNETS) (pp. 871-876). IEEE.
- Xu, H., Klaine, P.V., Onireti, O., Cao, B., Imran, M. and Zhang, L., 2020. Blockchain-enabled resource management and sharing for 6G communications. Digital Communications and Networks, 6(3), pp.261-269.
- Fan, X. and Huo, Y., 2020. Blockchain based dynamic spectrum access of non-real-time data in cyber-physical-social systems. IEEE Access, 8, pp.64486-64498.
- Jagannath, J., Jagannath, A., Henney, J., Gwin, T., Kane, Z., Biswas, N. and Drozd, A., 2022. Design of fieldable cross-layer optimized network using embedded software defined radios: Survey and novel architecture with field trials. Computer Networks, 209, p.108917.
- Ye, J., Kang, X., Liang, Y.C. and Sun, S., 2022. A trust-centric privacy-preserving blockchain for dynamic spectrum management in IoT networks. IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 9(15), pp.13263-13278.
- Faisal, T., Dohler, M., Mangiante, S. and Lopez, D.R., 2021. BEAT: Blockchain-Enabled Accountable and Transparent Network Sharing in 6G. arXiv preprint arXiv:2107.04328.
- Hossain, M.A., Hossain, A.R. and Ansari, N., 2022. AI in 6G: Energy-Efficient Distributed Machine Learning for Multilayer Heterogeneous Networks. IEEE Network, 36(6), pp.84-91.
- Du, J., Jiang, C., Zhang, H., Ren, Y. and Guizani, M., 2018. Auction design and analysis for SDN-based traffic offloading in hybrid satellite-terrestrial networks. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 36(10), pp.2202-2217.
- Yuan, S., Peng, M., Sun, Y. and Liu, X., 2022. Software defined intelligent satellite-terrestrial integrated networks: Insights and challenges. Digital Communications and Networks.
- Al Razib, M., Javeed, D., Khan, M.T., Alkanhel, R. and Muthanna, M.S.A., 2022. Cyber threats detection in smart environments using SDN-enabled DNN-LSTM hybrid framework. IEEE Access, 10, pp.53015-53026.
- Salahdine, F., Han, T. and Zhang, N., 2023. Security in 5G and beyond recent advances and future challenges. Security and Privacy, 6(1), p.e271.
- Okon, A.A., Sholiyi, O.S., Elmirghani, J.M. and Munasighe, K., 2021. Blockchain for Spectrum Management in 6G Networks. Wireless Blockchain: Principles, Technologies and Applications, pp.137-159.
- Okon, A.A., Elgendi, I., Sholiyi, O.S., Elmirghani, J.M., Jamalipour, A. and Munasinghe, K., 2020. Blockchain and SDN Architecture for Spectrum Management in Cellular Networks. IEEE Access, 8, pp.94415-94428.
- Zhang, H., Leng, S., Wei, Y. and He, J., 2022. A blockchain enhanced coexistence of heterogeneous networks on unlicensed spectrum. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 71(7), pp.7613-7624.
Abstract Views: 22
PDF Views: 0