Open Access Subscription Access
The Design of a Lighting System for Hong Kong International Airport APM Tunnel for Energy Saving with Artificial Intelligence (AI) Lighting Defect Detection System
The current situation is that global climate change become grimmer, so it has become an important concern. Improving energy efficiency of our device is one of the measures to solve the threat of global climate change. In this circumstance, the first aims research project to design a lighting system to enhance the energy efficiency and the reliability of the lighting system of APM tunnel. Therefore, the replacement of fluorescent light to LED light is an effective way to achieve the target. In truth, substitution of fluorescent lighting to LED light has been promoted for a long time and have a lot of successful examples in the world. It is because LED light has better luminous efficiency to provide similar brightness with less power. In term of reliability, the lifespan of LED light is much higher than fluorescent light. However, the actual lifespan of LED is easily deteriorated by high temperature environment so provide a suitable environment for LED is very important to let LED light reach its theoretical lifespan. Artificial intelligence has been the hottest topic of technology industry in recent years. It has already applied in daily life such as speech recognition in Apple Siri and face recognition in security system. Consequently, the second aims of research project is using artificial intelligence technology to reduce the workload of frontline maintenance staff. The development of lightings inspection system based on ‘Convolutional Neural Network’ technology to analyst the image taken by camera to identify burnt out light tube inside the APM Tunnel.
Hong Kong International Airport, LED Lighting, Energy Saving, Artificial Intelligence, Convolutional Neural Network.
- Edwards B, 2004, The modern airport terminal: New approaches to airport architecture, Taylor & Francis, LondonLee, S.hyun. & Kim Mi Na, (2008) “This is my paper”, ABC Transactions on ECE, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp120-122.
- Ching-Cheng Chao, Hsi-Tien Chen, Yu-Shuan Tsai, 2021, Cost Assessment Model of Airport Runway Lighting Systems with Consideration on Carbon Emissions, Journal of Aeronautics, Astronautics and Aviation Vol.53 No.1, P.67-82
- Liu Sun, 2021, Incomplete Big Data Filling Algorithm based on Machine Learning, International Core Journal of Engineering, Volume 7 Issue 12, 2021. P.461-466.
- Lei Zhang, Yu Cao, Fei Yang, Qiushi Zhao, 2017, Machine Learning and Visual Computing, Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing Volume 2017, P.167.
- Diaa Salama Abdul Minaam, Eslam Amer, 2019, Survey on Machine Learning Techniques: Concepts and Algorithms, International Journal of Electronics and Information Engineering, P.34-44.
- Tiancheng Zhu ,Haoyi Li ,Yishan Lai, 2021, Application of Machine Learning in Wireless Communications, International Core Journal of Engineering Vol.7 No. 6, P.43-48.
- Feixiang Wu, Feiyu Hu, Xiaodong Xiang, 2022, Anomaly Detection in Daily In‐ home Activities Using the Multiple‐ Wireless Sensors for the Elderly, World Scientific Research Journal Volume 8 Issue 12, P.135-145.
- Xu Liu, Mei Li, Shiyao Qin, Xiaojing Ma, Wenzhuo Wang, 2016, A Predictive Fault Diagnose Method of Wind Turbine Based on K-Means Clustering and Neural Networks, Journal of Internet Technology Volume 17 Issue 7, P.1521-1528.
- Zhuobao Tang, Hanyun Wen, 2022, Zhuobao Tang, Image Classification Based on TensorFlow and Convolution Neural Networks, International Journal of Social Science and Education Research Volume 5 Issue 3, P.28-34.
- Shan Pang, Xinyi Yang, 2016, Deep Convolutional Extreme Learning Machine and Its Application in Handwritten Digit Classification, Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience Volume 2016, P549 – 558.
- Kai-Feng Liu , Yu Zhang, Quan-Xin Zhang, Yan-Ge Wang, Kai-Long Gao, 2022, Chinese News Text Classification and Its Application Based on Combined-Convolutional Neural Network, Journal of Computers Vol. 33 No. 4, P.1-14.
- Tao Chen, Jing Liu, 2022, On the Application of Colour in Lighting Design, International Journal of Social Science and Education Research Volume 5 Issue 4, P.74-76.
Abstract Views: 90
PDF Views: 52