Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Design and Analysis of DNA Based Cipher for Image Using Dual Chaotic Map
Design and analysis of an image encryption technique using DNA computation and chaos function has been emphasized in the present paper. The plain image was scrambled using Henon map followed by the implementation of a DNA sequence addition operation over the scrambled image with the DNA sequence-based key generated by the Logistic map. Thereafter, the generated sequence was subjected to exclusive-or operation with partial key and modulo of sum of all the pixel values. The experimental and safety analysis highlighted that the proposed encryption technique was not only invertible and computationally efficient, but also had a large key space, was extremely sensitive to secret key credentials, had a high NPCR value and a low correlation coefficient, rendering the system efficient and secure against brute-force, statistical and differential attack.
Chaos Function, DNA Coding, DNA Computation, DNA Sequences, Image Encryption.
- P. Isasi and J.A. Hern, “Introduction to the Applications of Evolutionary Computation in Computer Security and Cryptography”, Computational Intelligence, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 445-449, 2004.
- A. Kahate, “Cryptography and Network Security”, Tata McGraw Hill, 2012.
- N. Sharma, Prabhjot and H. Kaur, “A Review of Information Security using Cryptography Technique”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science, Vol. 8, pp. 323-326, 2017.
- X. Lin, J.H. Li, S.L. Wang, F. Cheng and X.S. Huang, “Recent Advances in Passive Digital Image Security Forensics: A Brief Review”, Engineering, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 29-39, 2018.
- M. Kaur and V. Kumar, “A Comprehensive Review on Image Encryption Techniques”, Computational Methods in Engineering, Vol. 27, pp. 15-43, 2020.
- X. Chai, K. Yang and Z. Gan, “A New Chaos-Based Image Encryption Algorithm with Dynamic Key Selection Mechanisms”, Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol. 76, No. 7, pp. 9907-9927, 2017.
- X. Su, W. Li and H. Hu, “Cryptanalysis of a Chaos-Based Image Encryption Scheme Combining DNA Coding and Entropy”, Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol. 76, No. 12, pp. 14021-14033, 2017.
- A. Belazi, A.A.A. El-Latif and S. Belghith, “A Novel Image Encryption Scheme based on Substitution-Permutation Network and Chaos”, Signal Processing, Vol. 128, pp. 155- 170, 2016.
- X. Chai, Y. Chen and L. Broyde, “A Novel Chaos-Based Image Encryption Algorithm using DNA Sequence Operations”, Optical Lasers Engineering, Vol. 88, pp. 197- 213, 2017.
- X. Chai, Z. Gan, K. Yang, Y. Chen and X. Liu, “An Image Encryption Algorithm based on the Memristive Hyperchaotic System, Cellular Automata and DNA Sequence Operations”, Signal Process Image Communication, Vol. 52, pp. 6-19, 2017.
- Y. Liu, X. Tong and J. Ma, “Image Encryption Algorithm based on Hyper-Chaotic System and Dynamic S-Box”, Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol. 75, No. 13, pp. 7739-7759, 2016.
- S. Jain and V. Bhatnagar, “A Novel DNA Sequence Dictionary Method for Securing Data using Spiral Approach and Framework for DNA Cryptography”, Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Advances in Engineering and Technology Research, pp. 1-7, 2014.
- U.S. National Library of Medicine, “Genetic Home Reference”, Available at: http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/handbook/basics/dna, Accessed at 2017.
- IRMAMY, USA, “DNA Structure, IRMAMY In the world of Environmental Biology”, Available at: https://ijarovic.wordpress.com/2012/02, Accessed at 2017.
- G. Condon, and E. Rozenberg, “DNA Computing”, Proceedings of International Workshop on DNA-Based Computers, pp. 1-13, 2000.
- M. Amos, S. Wilson, D.A. Hodgson, G. Owenson and A. Gibbons, “Practical Implementation of DNA Computations”, Proceedings of International Conference on Unconventional Models of Computation, Springer, pp. 1- 18, 1998.
- S. Jeevidha, M.S.S. Basha and P. Dhavachelvan, “Analysis on DNA based Cryptography to Secure Data Transmission”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 29, No. 8, pp. 16-20, 2011.
- A. Leier, C. Richter, W. Banzhaf and H. Rauhe, “Cryptography with DNA Binary Strands”, Elsevier Biosystems, Vol. 57, No. 1, pp. 13-22, 2000.
- A. Gehani, T. LaBean and J. Reif, “DNA-Based Cryptography”, Springer, 2004.
- N.N. Rao, “A Cryptosystem Based on Recombinant DNA Technique”, Acta Electronica Sinica, Vol. 32, No. 7, pp. 1216-1218, 2004.
- S.B. Sadkhan, “Information Security based on DNA Importance and Future Trends”, Proceedings of International Conference on Communication and Information Technology, pp. 310-314, 2021.
- R.J. Lipton, “Using DNA to solve NP-Complete Problems”, Science, Vol. 268, No. 5, pp. 542-545, 1995.
- D. Boneh, C. Dunworth and R. Lipton, “Breaking DES Using a Molecular Computer”, CS Tech-Report CS-TR Princeton, pp. 489-95, 1996.
- C.T. Clelland, V. Risca and C. Bancroft, “ Hiding Messages in DNA Microdots”, Nature, Vol. 399, No. 3, pp. 533–534, 1999.
- Q. Zhang, L. Guo and X. Wei, “A Novel Image Fusion Encryption Algorithm based on DNA Sequence Operation and Hyper-Chaotic System”, Optik, Vol. 124, No. 6, pp. 3596-3600, 2013.
- A.U. Rehman, X. Liao, A. Kulsoom and S.A. Abbas, “Selective Encryption for Gray Images based on Chaos and DNA Complementary Rules”, Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol. 74, No. 6, pp. 4655-4677, 2015.
- R. K. Jangid, N. Mohmmad, A. Didel and S. Taterh, “Hybrid Approach of Image Encryption using DNA Cryptography and TF Hill Cipher Algorithm”, Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing, pp. 934-938, 2014.
- T. Hu, Y. Liu, L.H. Gong and H.M. Yuan, “Chaotic Image Cryptosystem using DNA Deletion and DNA Insertion”, Signal Processing, Vol. 134, pp. 234-243, 2016.
- M. Kar, A. Kumar, D. Nandi and M.K. Mandal, “Image Encryption using DNA Coding and Hyper Chaotic System”, IETE Technical Review, Vol. 37, No. 1, pp. 12-23, 2018.
- X. Zhang, Z. Zhou and Y. Niu, “An Image Encryption Method Based on the Feistel Network and Dynamic DNA Encoding”, IEEE Photonics Journal, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 1- 14, 2018.
- S. Bendaoud, F. Amounas, E. Hassan and E. Kinani, “A New Image Encryption Scheme based on Enhanced Elliptic Cryptosystem using DNA computing”, Proceedings of International Conference on Networking, Information Systems and Security, pp. 234-242, 2019.
- A. Arab, M.J. Rostami and B. Ghavami, “An Image Encryption Method based on Chaos System and AES Algorithm”, The Journal of Supercomputing, Vol. 75, No. 2, pp. 6663-6682, 2019.
- A. Belazi, M. Talha, S. Kharbech and W. Xiang, “Novel Medical Image Encryption Scheme Based on Chaos and DNA Encoding”, IEEE Access, Vol. 7, pp. 36667-36681, 2019.
- X. Wang and S. Chen, “Chaotic Image Encryption Algorithm Based on Dynamic Spiral Scrambling Transform and Deoxyribonucleic Acid Encoding Operation”, IEEE Access, Vol. 8, pp. 160897-160914, 2020.
- S. Geng, T. Wu, S. Wang, X. Zhang and Y. Wang, “Image Encryption Algorithm Based on Block Scrambling and Finite State Machine”, IEEE Access, Vol. 8, pp. 225831- 225844, 2020.
- M.G.A. Malik, Z. Bashir, N. Iqbal and M.A. Imtiaz, “Color Image Encryption Algorithm Based on Hyper-Chaos and DNA Computing”, IEEE Access, Vol. 8, pp. 88093-88107, 2020.
- N. Iqbal, R. A. Naqvi, M. Ati, M.A. Khan, M. Hanif, S. Abbas and A.D. Hussain, “On the Image Encryption Algorithm Based on the Chaotic System, DNA Encoding and Castle”, IEEE Access, Vol. 9, pp. 118253-118270, 2021.
- M. Uddin, F. Jahn, M.K. Islam and M.R. Hassan, “A Novel DNA-based Key Scrambling Technique or Image Encryption”, Complex and Intelligent Systems, Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 3241-3258, 2021.
- B. Akhiwati and L. Parthiban, “Secure and Efficient Cryptography Technique using Chaos and DNA Encoding Methodology”, Turkish Journal of Computer and Mathematics Education, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 2754-2764, 2021.
- L. Liu, Q. Zhang and X. Wei, “A RGB Image Encryption Algorithm based on DNA Encoding and Chaos Map”, Journal of Computers and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 38, No. 5, pp. 1240-1248, 2012.
- A. Kulsoom, D. Xiao, A.U. Rehman and S.A. Abbas, “An Efficient and Noise Resistive Selective Image Encryption Scheme for Gray Images based on Chaotic Maps and DNA Complementary Rules”, Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol. 75, No. 1, pp. 1-23, 2016.
- M.K. Khairullah, A.A. Alkahtani, M.Z.B. Baharuddin and A.M. Al-Jubari, “Designing 1D Chaotic Maps for Fast Chaotic Image Encryption”, Electronics, Vol. 10, No. 17, pp. 2116-2123, 2021.
- W. Jiahui, L. Xiaofeng and B. Yang, “Image Encryption using 2D Henon-Sine Map and DNA Approach”, Signal Processing, Vol. 153, pp. 11-23, 2018.
- X. Chai, Y. Chen and L. Broyde, “A Novel Chaos-Based Image Encryption Algorithm using DNA Sequence Operations”, Optics and Laser in Engineering, Vol. 88, pp. 197-213, 2017.
- J.D. Watson and F.H.C. Crick, “A structure for Deoxyribose Nucleic Acid”, Nature, Vol. 421, No. 6921, pp. 141-143, 2003.
- R. Enayatfifar, A.H. Abdullah and I.F. Isnin, “Chaos-Based Image Encryption using A Hybrid Genetic Algorithm and a DNA Sequence”, Optik, Vol. 124, pp. 3596-3600, 2013.
Abstract Views: 87
PDF Views: 0