Open Access Subscription Access
Structure, Microstructure and Dielectric Studies of PVA/Sr(Co1/3Nb2/3)O3 Polymer Composites
Polymer-Ceramic composite films of Polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) and Sr(Co1/3Nb2/3)O3 (SCN) as filler, were prepared by solution casting technique. The structure and microstructure of the samples has been characterized using X-ray diffraction, infrared spectroscopy (Fourier transformed infrared spectroscopy) and Scanning electron microscopy (SEM). Thermal properties of the samples are studied by means of Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) revealed that the glass transition temperature increases for the composites [PVA + 10% SCN (Tg = 109°C)] compared to pure PVA (Tg = 97°C) samples. The dielectric characterization has been studied by means of impedance gain-phase analyzer. It is concluded that addition of 50% SCN lead to significant advantage on the dielectric properties of Polyvinyl alcohol polymers. Observed changes in the dielectric dispersion at high temperatures are essentially linked to the glass transition temperature (Tg) rather than due to lattice based dielectric dispersion.
Polymer Composite, Dielectric Constants, UV-Visible Spectroscopy.
- T. Badapanda, V. Senthil, S. Anwar, L.S. Cavalcante, N.C. Batista and E. Longo, Current Applied Physics 13, (2013) 1490-1495.
- V. Senthil, T. Badapanda, S.N. Kumar, P. Kumar and S. Panigrahi, J. Polym Res. 19, (2012) 9838.
- S. Gross, D. Camozzo, V.D. Noto, L. Armelao and E. Tondello, European Polymer Journal 43, (2007) 673-696.
- H.M. Zidan, Journal of Appl. Polym. Sci., 88, (2003) 104-108.
- A.L. Saroj and R.K. Singh, Phase Transitions, 84, (2011) 231-242.
- P.W. Rehrig, S.E. Park, S. Trolier-MsKinstry, G.L. Messing, B. Jones and T.R. Shrout, J. Appl. Phys. 86, (1999) 1657e1662.
- U. Weber, G. Greuel, U. Boettger, S. Weber, D. Hennings and R. Waser, J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 84, (2001) 759-766.
- S. Bhagwanti. Bishnoi, P.K. Mehta, C.J. Panchal, M.S. Desai, V.H. Kher, D.V. Velykodnyi and I. Yu. Protsenko, Proceedings of the International Conference Nanomaterials: Applications and Properties 3(2), 02NNSA08(7pp) (2014).
- D.K. Das-Gupta and S. Zhang, Ferroelectrics 134, (1992) 71-77.
- R. Waesche, W. Denner and H. Schulz, Mater. Res. Bull. 16, (1981) 497-500.
- Naoya Hosoda, Ayae Sugawara and Takashi Kato, Macromolecules 36, (2003) 6449-6452.
- W.X. Yuan and Z.J. Li, J. Phys. Chem. Solids 73, (2012) 599-603.
- J. Tauc, Phys. Status Solidi 15, (1966) 627.
Abstract Views: 274
PDF Views: 0