Open Access Subscription Access
The Effect of Ammonium Molybdate on Mechanical Property of Zinc (tris) Thiourea Sulfate (ZTS) Crystal:A Novel NLO Crystal
Zinc tris-Thiourea sulfate (ZTS) is one of the notable semi organic non linear optical crystals. In the present investigation 0.01N Ammonium Molybdate doped ZTS crystal was grownusing single diffusion gel growthtechnique which has an advantage over normally employed solution growth method, in terms of controlled nucleation and hence better perfection. A significant morphological alteration was observed due to doping. The functional groups of pure and doped ZTS crystals were recorded and identified using Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopic (FTIR) analysis. A study on hardness variation due to doping was conducted using Vickers' Hardness Tests. The increase in hardness observed can be assigned to the impurity hardening effect as found to increased due to effect of dopant. The results obtained are elaborated and discussed in the paper.
NLO, ZTS, Ammonium Molybdate, FT IR, Gel Technique, Hardening Coefficient.
- B.S. Kumar, M.R. Kutty, M.S. Kumar and K.R. Babu. Bulletin of Materials Science, 30(4), (2007) 349-355.
- S. Dinakaran, S. Verma, S.J. Das, S. Kar and K. Bartwal. Crystal Research and Technology, 45(3), (2010) 233-238.
- S. Dinakaran, S. Verma, S.J. Das, G. Bhagavannarayana, S. Kar and K. Bartwal. Applied Physics B, 103(2), (2011) 345-349.
- M. Iyanar, C. Muthamizhchelvan, J.T.J. Prakash, S.S.R. Inbanathanand S. Ponnusamy. Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 94, (2012) 265-270.
- P. Ushasree, R. Jayavel and P. Ramasamy. Materials Science and Engineering: B65(3), (1999) 153-158.
- H. Marcy, L. Warren, M. Webb, C. Ebbers, S. Velsko, G. Kennedy and G. Catella. Applied optics, 31(24), (1992) 5051-5060.
- K. Meena, G. Ramasamy, M. Rajasekar, K. Muthu and S. Meenakshisundaram. OptikInternational Journal for Light and Electron Optics 125(17), (2014) 4876-4880.
- S. Gupte and C. Desai, C., Crystal Research and Technology, 34(10), (1999) 1329-1332.
- C. Krishnan, P. Selvarajan and T. Freeda, Materials and Manufacturing Processes 23(8), (2008) 800-804.
- P. Sastry, R. Chitra, R. Choudhury and M. Ramanadham. Pramana, 63(2), (2004) 257-261.
- P. Ushasree, R. Jayavel, C. Subramanian and P. Ramasamy, Journal of crystal growth, 197(1), (1999) 216-220.
- R. Muraleedharan, J. Ramajothi and M.B. Ahamed, Indian Journal of Science and Technology 8, (2015) 165.
- S. Bhandari, N. Sinha, G. Ray and B. Kumar. Chemical Physics Letters 591, (2014) 10-15.
- V. Vidhya, R. Muraleedharan and J. Ramajothi, International Journal of Chem-Tech Research, 8(3), (2015) 1264-1270.
- K.T. Rathod, I.B. Patel and R.P. Shah, International Journal for Science and Advance Research in Technology. 1(10), (2015) 197-199
- B.S. Samuel and R. Rajasekaran, Emerging Trends in VLSI, Embedded System, Nano Electronics and Telecommunication System (ICEVENT), 2013 International Conference on, IEEE.
- M. Anis, G. Muley, G. Rabbani, M. Shirsat and S. Hussaini, Materials Technology 30(3), (2015) 129-133.
- C. Krishnan and P. Selvarajan. Journal of Experimental Sciences 1(3), (2010).
- J. Ramajothi, S. Dhanuskodi and K. Nagarajan, Crystal Research and Technology 39(5), (2004) 414-420.
- V. Ganesh, M. Shkir, R. Husain, R. Singh, T.B. Rao and K.K. Rao. Optik-International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, 124(24), (2013) 6690-6695.
- H. Li, and R. Bradt. Journal of Materials Science, 28(4), (1993) 917-926.
- A. Abu El-Fadl, A. Soltan and N. Shaalan. Influence of x-irradiation on indentation size effect and formation of cracks for [Ky (NH4) 1-y] 2ZnCl4 mixed crystals. Crystal Research and Technology, 42(4), (2007) 364-377.
Abstract Views: 368
PDF Views: 5