Open Access Subscription Access
ToRoots: Marketing and Promoting the Experiential Travel And Tourism
With the extensive influx of start-ups in the already cluttered Indian travel and tourism sector; it was increasingly becoming challenging for experiential tourism players to carve a niche for themselves. Mr. Naveen, founder of ToRoots Explorers Pvt. Ltd., a start-up company in Pune (India) offering "experiential tourism" realised that travellers were not only demanding conventional sightseeing tours but preferably looking for meaningful, memorable and transformative tourism experiences. Customers were spoilt for choices in terms of wide array of travel and tourism packages and experiences available. Since its launch in June 2016, the start-up firm faced challenges in terms of amplifying the user experience (UX) in order to enhance overall customer experience and engagement (CX). Navin was contemplating to sustainably enhance the client engagement pre and post journey, increase revenue and scale-up the business. One of the challenges was to engage customers with the experiential tourism service brand. Hence, it was of paramount importance to devise an effective digital strategy that would help ToRoots to convey the "value proposition"- of its curated travel and tourism experiences - in the most convincing and creative way possible.
Experiential tourism, Slow Travel, Customer Engagement, Digital Strategy, and Business Model etc.
- Bagaria, A. (2021, August 19). Technology driven travel innovations: Addressing post pandemic market needs. ET Hospitality World.Com from The Economic Times. https://hospitality.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/speaking-heads/technology-driven-travelinnovationsaddressing-post-pandemic-market-needs/85429512
- Chaudhary, P., & Pandey, S. (2021). ToRoots Explorers: Branding Experiential Tourism in the Digital Age. Case Centre (ET Cases), 1–21. https://www.etcases.com/toroots-explorers-brandingexperientialtourism-in-the-digital-age.html
- Digitium Team. (2021, March 15). 5 Technologies for Travel and Tourism Industry in Post-COVID.
- Digitium. https://www.digiteum.com/technologies-travel-tourism/ Foreign tourist arrivals in India rose 3% in Jan-Nov 2019. (2020, January 4). Mint. https://www.livemint.com/news/india/foreign-tourist-arrivals-in-india-rose-3-in-jan-nov-201911578080942765.html
- Gale, T., & Arsenault, N. (2004). Defining tomorrow’s tourism product: Packaging experiences. https://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.1.3264.2406
- Gandhi, D., Joshi, S., Sakhuja, P., & Gandhi, S. (2022, February 6). Content creation: Marching with an army of micro-influencers. The Hindu Business Line. https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/catalyst/marching-with-an-army-of-microinfluencers/ article64968237.
- ece Glusac, E. (2020, December 22). The Slow Travel Trend Is Here to Stay [Travel and Tourism Guide]. Condé Nast Traveler.
- Goyal, S., & Dhall, S. (2019, September 27). World Tourism Day: Offbeat Indian destinations gain popularity [The Hindu Business Line]. Tourism Ministry. https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/news/variety/world-tourism-day-offbeat-indiandestinationsgain-popularity/article29527770.ece
- James, N. (2020, May 1). Banned from travel in a post-Covid-19 world. The Hind Business Line. https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/blink/cover/banned-from-travel-in-a-post-covid-19world/article31480368.ece
- Khetan, M. (2021, August 4). Wellness tourism picks itself up, one step at a time [The Indian Express]. https://indianexpress.com/article/lifestyle/destination-of-the-week/wellness-tourismpicksitself-up-one-step-at-a-time-covid-pandemic-7438287/
- Kowalski, K. (2020). What is Slow Travel? (+ 3 Slow Travel Myths). SLOWW. https://www.sloww.co/what-is-slow-travel/ Lough Derg—Visitor Experience Development Plan (2020-2024). (2020). [Corporate Report].
- Manoukian, J. (2019). The Ultimate List of Travel Statistics for 2019 & 2020 [Travel Statistics]. CrowdRiff Blog. https://crowdriff.com/resources/blog/travel-statistics
- Nagpal, R. (2021, February 9). Bucket List Material: 20 Ways To Slow Travel Through India [Travel and Tourism Guide]. Travel and Leisure. https://www.travelandleisureindia.in/places/slowtravel-through-india/
- Narang, R. (2006). Achieving Sustainable Tourism through WTO Negotiations. Management Dynamics, 6(1), 69–86.
- Ryde, B. (2019, December 12). The mindful way to woo the luxury consumer [The Hindu Business Line]. https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/catalyst/the-mindful-way-to-woo-the-luxuryconsumer/article30288649.ece
- Strategic Government Advisory (SGA) & YES BANK. (2019). India Inbound Tourism—Unlocking the Opportunity. YES BANK Ltd. & FICCI.
- Udawat, T. (2007). Tourism Industry: Travelers’ Perception. Management Dynamics, 7(1), 87–97.
- Vidal, B. (2019, December 5). The New Technology and Travel Revolution [BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE & ANALYTICS]. WAM - We Are Marketing - Part of WAM Global. https://www.wearemarketing.com/blog/tourism-and-technology-how-tech-is-revolutionizingtravel.html
Abstract Views: 63
PDF Views: 17