Open Access Subscription Access
A Novel Approach in Symmetric Key Image Encryption Using Genetic Algorithm
In this paper, a symmetric key image encryption algorithm has been proposed based on genetic algorithm. The algorithm has three steps, generation of random sequence, diffused image and image encryption. Key generation is based on a new integer sequence generation and a mixing process. The random integer sequence has been generated from 64 bits key and mixing. The input image has been diffused by genetic algorithm and parents have been selected from image folding. The encrypted image is formed after performing logical operation between diffused image and random sequenence. The effectiveness of the algorithm has been measured by applying number of statistical tests between plain and encrypted image.It has been observed that the proposed algorithm is giving satisfactory result in all cases.
Symmetric Key, Genetic Algorithm, Horizontal and Vertical Folding, Remainder Set and Security Level.
- Liu, S., Song, Y. and Yang, J., Image Encryption Algorithm Based on Wavelet Transforms and Dual Chaotic Maps, Journal of Software, Vol. 9, No.2, pp.458-465, 2014.
- Mohammed, A.F. and Al-Husainy, Image Encryption Using Genetic Algorithm, Information Technology Journal 2006, Asian Network For Scientific Information, pp.516-519, 2006.
- Soni, A. and Agrawal, S., Using Genetic Algorithm for Symmetric key Generation in Image Encryption, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering & Technology, Vol. 1, No.10, pp.137-140, 2012.
- Srikanth, V., Asati, U., Natarajan, V., Kumar, T.P., Mullapudi, T. and Iyengar, N.Ch.S.N., Bit-Level Encryption of Images using Genetic Algorithm, TECHNIA International Journal of Computing Science and Communication Technologies, Vol. 3, No.1, pp.546-550, 2010.
- Kumar, J. and Nirmala, S., Encryption of Images Based on Genetic Algorithm– A New Approach, Advances in Computer Science, Eng. & Appl., AISC 167, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, pp.783-791, 2012.
- Liu, H., Wang, X. and Kadir, A., Image encryption using DNA complementary rule and chaotic maps. Appl Soft Computing, Vol. 12, pp.1457–1466, 2012.
- Das, S., Mondal, S.N. and Ghosal, N., An Innovative Approach in Image Encryption, ACEEE Proceedings of the Int. Conf. on Recent Trends in Information, Telecommunication and Computing, ITC 2014, pp.158-166, 2014.
- Jolfaei, A. and Mirghadri, A., A novel image encryption scheme using pixel shuffler and A5/1, Proceedings of the International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Computational Intelligence, pp.369-373, 2010.
- Sabouri, N., Javadi, H.H.S. and Asoudeh, T.Z., A Comparative Study on the Effect of Used Crossover Operator on Performance of GA as a Web Page Classifier, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 71, No.23, pp.32-37, 2013.
- Gupta, R.K., Genetic Algorithms- An Overview, Impulse, Vol. 1, pp.30-39, 2006.
- Wu, S. and Zhang, Y., A Novel Encryption Algorithm Based on Shifting and Exchanging Rule of Bi-column Bi-row Circular Queue, Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering, pp.841-844, 2008.
- Huang, F. and Feng, Y., Security Analysis of Image Encryption Based on Two Dimensional Chaotic Maps and Improved Algorithm, Front. Electr. Electron. Eng. China, pp.5-9, 2009.
- Mohammad, S., Farshchi, R. and Ebrahimi, I.D., A Novel Encryption Algorithm for Transmitting Secure Data based on Genetic Hyper Chaos Map, Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Communication and Management, IACSIT Press, Singapore, pp.623-627, 2011.
- Nambi, P., https://oeis.org, sequence No. A110801.
Abstract Views: 368
PDF Views: 43