Open Access Subscription Access
Distribution of Myocardial Infarction Population According to Place of Residence
The aim was to evaluate the effect of the location of habitation on myocardial infarction incidences in various zones. Survey was executed in the Heart Center, in between July 2012 to June 2014. Survey sample includes a sum of two hundred and fifty participant patients 67.2% masculines and 32.8% feminines and age range between 22 to 86 years; with an average of 61.92±15.1 years, who subjected cardiac ultrasound scanning were recorded in this potential study. Echocardiography studies were achieved using Esaote echocardiography apparatus with Phased array transducer with a frequency of 2.5 MHz. The average of the Quetelet index (QI) and the standard deviation was 28.66±5.4 kg/m2 .And their habitation areas were split into 3 sets in which 52.8% of the Capital District (CD); 30.4% of Urban District (UD); and 16.8%from Rural Distric (RD). Habitation areas display considerable relationship with myocardial infarction hazard around the earth. The spread has risen as pointed by researches in the last 10 years. Predictions for tomorrow also forecast a same tendency. The Necessity of the day is to follow up and carefully observe the spread of illness with conservation of suitable and elaborated information on hospital, society and other levels. This shall help in assessing the influence of exact calibration and strategies of fitness.
Echocardiography, Habitation Areas, Myocardial Infarction.
- Alpert JS., Thygesen K, Antman E. and Bassand JP. (2000) Myocardial infarction redefined--a consensus document of The Joint European Society of Cardiology/American College of Cardiology Committee for the redefinition of myocardial infarction. J Am Coll Cardiol. 36(3),959-69.
- World Health Organization. (2004) Deaths by cause, sex and mortality stratum in WHO regions, estimates for 2002 The world health report.
- Kannel WB. (1990) Contribution of the Framingham Heart Study to preventive cardiology. Bishop Lecture. J Am Coll Cardiol . 15, 206-11.
- Hames CG. (1979) Evans County Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular Epidemiologic Study. Introduction. Arch Intern Med. 128, 883-86.
- Keil JE, Sutherland SE, Knapp RH et al. (1993) Mortality rates and risk factors for coronary disease in blacks as compared with white men and women. N Engl J Med . 329,73-8.
- Haan M, Kaplan GA and Camacho T. (1987) Poverty and health: prospective evidence from the Alameda County Study. Am J Epidemiol. 125, 989-98.
- Squires, G Ed. (2002) Urban Sprawl: Causes, Consequences, & Policy Responses. The Urban Institute Press.
- Mark M, Katz B, Rahman, S and Warren, D. (2008) MetroPolicy: Shaping A New Federal Partnership for a Metropolitan Nation. Brookings Institution: Metropolitan Policy Program Report . 4-103.
- Hewitt M. (1992) Defining "rural" areas. Impact on health care policy and research. In: Gesler WM, Ricketts TC, eds. Health in rural North America. The geography of health care services and delivery. New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press. 25-54.
- Hassan A, Pearce NJ, Mathers J, Veugelers PJ, Hirsch GM. and Cox JL. (2009) The effect of place of residence on access to invasive cardiac services following acute myocardial infarction. Can J Cardiol. 25, 207–212.
- Feigenbaum H, Popp RL, Chip JN and Haine CL. (1968) Left ventricular wall thickness measured by ultrasound. Arch Intern Med. 121, 391.
- Popp RL, Wolfe SB, Hirata T and Feigenbaum H. (1969) Estimation of right and left ventricular size by ultrasound: A study of the echoes from the interventricular septum. Amer J Cardiol. 24, 523.
- Chaudhary MR and Khan JS. (2003) Trans-myocardial revascularization by laser (TMRL)-mechanism of action and five year follow-up. Pak J Cardiol. 14, 121-133.
- Capewell S, Beaglehole R and Seddon M. (2000) Explaining the decline in coronary heart disease mortality in Auckland, New Zealand between 1982 and 1993. Circulation. 102, 1511-1516.
- Klein LW and Nathan S. (2003) CAD in young adults. J Am Coll Cardiol. 41, 529–531.
- Corya BC, Rasmussen S, Knoebel SB and Feigenbaum H. (1975) Echocardiography in acute myocardial infarction. Am J Cardiol. 36, 1.
- Kisslo JA, Robertson D, Gilbert BW, VonRamm D and Behar VS. (1977) A comparison of real-time two-dimensional echocardiography and cineangiography in detecting left ventricular asynergy. Circulation. 55, 134.
- Morganroth J, Chen CC, David D, Naito M and Mardelli TJ. (1980) Echocardiographic detection of coronary artery disease. Am J Cardiol. 46, 1178.
- Kam R, Cutter J, Chew SK et al. (2002) Gender differences in outcome after an acute myocardial infarction in Singapore. Singapore Med J . 43(5),243-248.
- Jousilahti P, Tuomilehto J, Vartiainen E et al. (1996) Body weight, cardiovascular risk factors, and coronary mortality: 15-year followup of middle-aged men and women in eastern Finland. Circulation. 93,1372–1379.
- Aubeidia MA. (2006) Assessment of Myocardial Infarction Risk Among Patients in Nablus District. Ph.D. Palestine: An-Najah National University.
- Kragelund C, Hassager C, Hildebrandt P et al. (2005) Impact of obesity on long-term prognosis following acute myocardial infarction. Int J Cardiol. 98(1),123-131.
- Sushma P, Suresh P, Purushottam J and Anshul J. (2010) A prospective study of Myocardial Infarction patients admitted in a tertiary care hospital of south-eastern Rajasthan, BioMedSciDirect Publications. IJBMR -ISSN: 0976:6685,
- Shraddha C and Bani TA. (2013) Prevalence of cardiovascular disease in India and it is economic impact- A review, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications. Volume 3, Issue 10, 1 ISSN 2250-3153.
- Gonzalez-Villalpando C, Stern MP. and Villalpando E. (1992) Prevalence of diabetes and glucose intolerance in an urban population at a low-economic level. Rev Invest Clin. 44,321-28.
- Gonzalez-Villalpando C, Stern MP and Arredondo-Perez B.(1996)Undiagnosed hypercholesterolemia: A serious health challenge. The Mexico City Diabetes Study. Arch Med Res . 27,19-23
- Machete T, Malacrida R, Pasotti E et al. (1997) Epidemiologic variables and outcome of 1972 young patients with AMI. Data from the GISSI-2 database and The GISSI investigators. Arch Intern Med. 157, 865–869.
- Majahalme SK, Smith DE, Cooper JV et al. (2003) Comparison of patients with ACS with and without systemic hypertension. Am J Cardiol. 92, 258–63.
- Majd Asa”d M. Abu-Ali. (2003) thesis in type one diabetes mellitus in northern Palestinian community, An-Najah National University, Nablus.
- Must A and Strauss RS. (1999) Risks and consequences of childhood and adolescent obesity.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 23(suppl 2), S2–11.
- Sytkowski PA, D´Agostino RB, Belanger A et al. (1996) Sex and time trends in cardiovascular disease incidence and mortality: the Framingham Heart Study. Am J Epidemiol . 143, 338-350.
- Barbash GI, Whitte HD, Modan M et al. (1995) AMI in the young -the role of smoking. The Investigators of the International Tissue Plasminogen Activator/Streptokinase Mortality Trial. Eur Heart J . 16, 313-316.
Abstract Views: 378
PDF Views: 84