Improvement of Black Cotton Soil Using Waste Plastic Bottle Strips
Black cotton soil, plastic waste, shear strength, stabilization.
Manuscript Received : April 7, 2022 ; Revised : April 26, 2022 ; Accepted : May 2, 2022. Date of Publication : June 5, 2022.
- S. Peddaiah, A. Burman, and S. Sreedeep, “Experimental study on effect of waste plastic bottle strips in soil improvement,” Geotech. Geol Eng., vol. 36, 2907–2920, 2018, doi: 10.1007/s10706-018-0512-0
- A. K. Choudhary, J. N. Jha, and K. S. Gill, "Utilization of plastic wastes for improving the sub-grades in flexible pavements,” GeoShanghai Int. Conf., pp. 320 –326, 2010, doi: 10.1061/41104(377)39
- P. Bhattarai, A.V. A. B. Kumar, K. Santosh, T.C. Manikanta, and K.Tejeswini, “Engineering behaviour of soil reinforced with plastic strips,” Int. J. Civil, Structural, Environmental Infrastructure Eng. Res. Develop., vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 83–88, 2013.
- F. C. Chebet, and D. Kalumba, “Laboratory investigation on reusing polyethylene (plastic) bag waste material for soil reinforcement in geotechnical engineering,” Civil Eng. Urban Plan Int J., vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 67–82, 2014.
- D. P. Coduto, M.C.R. Yeung, and W. Kitch, Geotechnical Eng., Princ. Practices, 2010. New Delhi : PHI Learning Private Ltd.
- Determination of specific gravity of soil solids, IS 2720-Part 3-1980.
- Lab. method for grain size anal., IS 2720-Part 4-1985, 1986.
- Lab. method for determination of LL and PL of soil, IS 2720-Part 5-1985, 1985.
- J. E. Bowels, Found. Des. Anal.. New York, USA: McGraw Hill Inc., 1988.
- Lab. method for Standard Proctor Test, IS 2720-Part 7-1980, 1980.
- Lab. tests procedure for Direct Shear Test, IS 2720-Part 13-1986, 1987.
- Nsaif, M. H., “Behavior of soils strengthened by plastic waste materials, ” J. Eng. Develop., vol. 17, no. 4, pp . 182–194, 2013. https://www.iasj.net/iasj/download/c8c89ae2292bd2e4
- S. Kumar, M. K. Mishra, and J. P. Singh, “A review on soil stabilization using waste plastic materials,” Gradiva Rev. J., vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 372-376, 2021. [Online]. Available: http://gradivareview.com/gallery/grj%202577.pdf
Abstract Views: 42
PDF Views: 1