Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Energy Efficiency Home Design
Excessive use of energy and our lifestyle preferences on energy usage have negative impacts on our future. By performing simple tasks, such as turning on lights, watching television, washing dresses and heating/cooling made by any electronic system energy is consumed every day. During summer season of extreme weather conditions, energy consumption will become more and more. So now for our society saving energy is an important point of issue. The subject of research related to sustainability of energy consumption. Energy crisis is a goal of sustainable construction and for that it has been examined about the possibility of the smart home. To achieve this smart home overall mass-market adoption is required. For smart home certain parameters like affordable price as well as many decision approval, limited budget and more complex for design team is only due to tight time line. Beginning of the design process by the architect/engineers for various design alternatives for smart home they are using HEED, a Home Energy Efficiency Design tool. In this paper we discuss how this tool will help on design issue and decision maker and thermal comfort with low energy usage. This design tool for early planning can help to contractor, builder and architecture for the upcoming challenge of 2030 by measuring the details data on spreadsheet.
Building Design, Energy Efficiency, HEED Tool, Heat Gain Calculation.
- Peter K Dahl. Managing end-user feedback in sustainable project delivery. ProQuest, 2008.
- Kathleen C Cheney. Considerations of Lighting Influencing Design: A Community Center For Fremont. PhD thesis, University of Washington, 2008.
- SinemKorkmaz. Piloting evaluation metrics for high performance green building project delivery. ProQuest, 2007.
- Yuan Yuan Li, Po-Han Chen, David Ah Seng Chew, Chee Chong Teo, and RongGui Ding. Critical project management factors of aec firms for delivering green building projects in Singapore. Journal of construction Engineering and Management, 137(12):1153–1163, 2011.
- SanusiOhiare. Financing rural energy projects in developing countries: a case study of nigeria. 2014.
- Murray Milne. Tools for designing zero energy homes: How well do they work in dublin. Proceeding of PLEA 2008, 2008.
- Richard Dahl. Cooling concepts: alternatives to air conditioning for a warm world. Environmental health perspectives, 121(1):a18, 2013.
- Aran Morrow Osborne. Landscape and building solar loads: Development of a computer-based tool to aid in the design of landscape to reduce solar gain and energy consumption in low-rise residential buildings. University of Southern California, 2009.
- Murray Milne, Jessica Morton, and T Kohut. Energy efficient affordable housing: Validating heed’s predictions of indoor comfort. Proceedings of the American Solar Energy’Society, CO: Denver, 2006.
- Pablo La Roche and Murray Milne. Automatic sun shades, an experimental study. In Proceedings of The Solar Conference, pages 987–992. Citeseer, 2004.
- Murray Milne. Heed validation reports. 2012.
- Design Zero Net Energy Homes. Getting to 2020. energy, 310:454– 7348, 2013.
- Joshua Kneifel. Prototype Residential Building Designs for Energy and Sustainability Assessment. US Department of Commerce, National Institute of Standards and Technology, 2012.
- Philip Fairey, Bruce Wilcox, Danny S Parker, and Matthew Lombardi. Climatic impacts on heating seasonal performance factor (hspf) and seasonal energy efficiency ratio (seer) for air-source heat pumps. ASHRAE Transactions, 110(2), 2004.
- Jeff Ross Stein and Alan Meier. Accuracy of home energy rating systems. Energy, 25(4):339–354, 2000.
- Bella Ge Song. Spatial analysis of participation in the waterloo residential energy efficiency project. 2008.
- Siyu Wu. System-level monitoring and diagnosis of building hvac system. 2013.
- Long Chang. Implementation of Improved AIRS with Adaptive Online Learning Capability for Cloud-enabled Fault Detection and Diagnosis of HVAC Systems in Intelligent Buildings. The University of Toledo, 2014.
- IvaldoPasini. Energy management and environmental considerations in inefficient commercial buildings with special reference to lighting design: Case history: Manitoba hydro head office, winnipeg, man. 1982.
- David Alie. Dynamic Materials and Devices for Controlling Solar Heat Gain in Buildings. PhD thesis, University of Denver, 2014.
- B Marion, M Anderberg, R George, P Gray-Hann, and D Heimiller. Pvwatts version 2–enhanced spatial resolution for calculating gridconnected pv performance. In Proceedings of the 2001 NCPV Program Review Meeting, Lakewood, CO, pages 143–144. Citeseer, 2001.
- G Tsai and Murray Milne. Heed validated against the Ashrae. BESTEST standard, UCLA Department of Architecture and urban design, 2003.
- Nano Nova and Why Nano Nova. Go green. Drury B Crawley, Jon W Hand, Micha¨elKummert, and Brent T Griffith. Contrasting the capabilities of building energy performance simulation programs. Building and environment, 43(4):661.
Abstract Views: 720
PDF Views: 6