Open Access Subscription Access
Fungicide tolerance of antagonists in the management of mango anthracnose caused by Colletotrichum gloeosporoides .
In the present study, fungicide tolerance of antagonists (yeast and Lactobacillus) with two fungicides viz., Mancozeb and Ridomil gold were conducted using turbidometric method. Findings of study revealed that, ridomil and mancozeb treatments could inhibit the growth of yeasts and Lactobacillus to some extent but did not completely inhibit. In this study, it was found that potential yeast and Lactobacillus antagonists were tolerant to both mancozeb and ridomil fungicides up to 2000 ppm concentrations. This result implies that the antagonistic yeast and Lactobacillus isolates were not adversely affected by both mancozeb and ridomil fungicides. So, these isolates can form an important component of Integrated disease management of mango anthracnose.
Antagonists, Colletotrichum gloeosporoides, fungicides, mango anthracnose .
- Arauz LF. 2000. Mango anthracnose: Economic impact and current options for integrated managaement.
- Plant Dis., 84: 600-611. https://doi.org/10.1094/ PDIS.2000.84.6.600 PMid:30841097
- Aynalem B, Assefa F. 2017a. Effect of glyphosate and mancozeb on the rhizobia isolated from nodules of Vicia faba L. and on their N2-fixation, North Showa, Amhara Regional State. Ethiopia. Advances in Biology, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/5864598
- Aynalem B, Assefa F. 2017b. Effect of glyphosate and mancozeb on the Rhizobia isolated from nodules of Vicia faba L. and on their N2-fixation, North Showa, Amhara Regional State, Ethiopia. Advances in Biology.
- Basamma H, Shripad K. 2017. Compatibility of Bacillus subtilis (Ehrenberg) Cohn with Chemical fungicides. Environment and Ecology, 35: 2137-2141
- Bhale U, Rajkonda J. 2015. Compatibility of chemical pesticides and aggravation of Trichoderma sp.
- against Pathogens. Bioscience Methods, 6. https://doi. org/10.5376/bm.2015.06.0003
- Castoria R, De Curtis F, Lima G, Caputo L, Pacifico S, De Cicco V. 2001. Aureobasidium pullulans (LS-30) an antagonist of postharvest pathogens of fruits: study on its modes of action. Postharvest Biol Technol, 22: 7-17. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-5214(00)00186-1
- Chowdhury M, Rahim M. 2009. Integrated crop management to control anthracnose (Colletotrichum gloeosporioides) of mango. J Agric Rural Dev, 115-120. https://doi.
- Da Silva JC, Suassuna ND, Bettiol W. 2017. Management of Ramularia leaf spot on cotton using integrated control with genotypes, a fungicide and Trichoderma asperellum. J Crop Pr, 94: 28-32. https://doi. org/10.1016/j.cropro.2016.12.006
- Gildemacher P, Heijne B, Houbraken J, Vromans T, Hoekstra E, Boekhout T. 2004. Can phyllosphere yeasts explain the effect of scab fungicides on russeting of Elstar apples? Eur J Plant Pathol, 110: 929-937. https://doi. org/10.1007/s10658-004-8948-x
- Keshgond R, Naik M. 2013. Compatibility of Pseudomonas fluorescens (PF-4) with fungicides, insecticides and plant products. BIOINFOLET-A Quarterly Journal of Life Sciences, 10: 620-622.
- Khaskheli, A. A., Khaskheli, M. I., Khaskheli, A. J. & Khaskheli, A. A. 2020. Production of Bambusicola thoracicus under the influence of light intensity and photoperiod. Agricultural Science Digest-A Research Journal, 40: 207-210. https://doi.org/10.18805/ag.D181
- Khaskheli MI. 2020. Mango Diseases: Impact of Fungicides.
- Horticultural Crops, 143.
- Kumar R, Singh S, Yadav S, Kumar R, Choubey AK, Kumari A. 2018. Compatibility of Trichoderma viride with different fungicide and organic cake. J Pharmacogn
- Phytochem, 7: 2398-2401.
- Legein M, Smets W, Vandenheuvel D, Eilers T, Muyshondt B, Prinsen E, Samson R, Lebeer S. 2020. Modes of action of microbial biocontrol in the phyllosphere. Front Microbiol, 11: 1619. https://doi.org/10.3389/fmicb.2020.01619 PMid:32760378 PMCid:PMC7372246
- Lima G, Castoria R, De Curtis F, Raiola A, Ritieni A, De Cicco V. 2011. Integrated control of blue mould using new fungicides and biocontrol yeasts lowers levels of fungicide residues and patulin contamination in apples. Postharvest Biol Technol, 60: 164-172. https://doi. org/10.1016/j.postharvbio.2010.12.010 .
- Lima G, Cicco VD. 2006. Integrated strategies to enhance biological control of postharvest diseases. Adv.
- Postharvest Technol. Hortic. Crops. 173-194.
- Lima G, De Curtis F, Castoria R, De Cicco V. 2003. Integrated control of apple postharvest pathogens and survival of biocontrol yeasts in semi-commercial conditions. Eur J Plant Pathol, 109: 341-349.
- Lima G, De Curtis F, De Cicco V. 2008. Interaction of microbial biocontrol agents and fungicides in the control of postharvest diseases. Stewart Postharvest Rev, 1: 1-7. https://doi.org/10.2212/spr.2008.1.4
- Malathi P, Viswanathan R, Padmanaban P, Mohanraj D, Sunder AR. 2002. Compatibility of biocontrol agents with fungicides against red rot disease of sugarcane. Sugar Tech, 4: 131-136. https://doi.org/10.1007/ BF02942694
- Mohiddin F, Khan M. 2013. Tolerance of fungal and bacterial biocontrol agents to six pesticides commonly used in the control of soil borne plant pathogens. Afr J Agric Res, 8: 5331-5334.
- Ons L, Bylemans D, Thevissen K, Cammue B. 2020. Combining biocontrol agents with chemical fungicides for integrated plant fungal disease control. Microorganisms, 8: 1930. https://doi.org/10.3390/microorganisms8121930 PMid:33291811 PMCid:PMC7762048
- Pandey K, Pandey P, Mishra K. 2006. Bio-efficacy of fungicides against different fungal bioagents for tolerance level and fungistatic behaviour. Indian Phytopathol, 59: 68.
- Pereira CE, Moreira FMDS, Oliveira JA, Caldeira CM. 2010. Compatibility among fungicide treatments on soybean seeds through film coating and inoculation with Bradyrhizobium strains. Acta Sci Agron, 32: 585-589. https://doi.org/10.4025/actasciagron.v32i4.5756
- Sameer W. 2019. Compatibility of biological control agents with fungicides against root rot diseases of wheat. Azhar J. Agric. Res. 44: 146-155. https://doi.org/10.21608/ ajar.2019.102808
- Sarkar S, Narayanan P, Divakaran A, Balamurugan A, Premkumar R. 2010. The in vitro effect of certain fungicides, insecticides, and biopesticides on mycelial growth in the biocontrol fungus Trichoderma harzianum. Turk J Biol, 34: 399-403. https://doi.org/10.3906/biy0812-4
- Shao W, Zhao Y, Ma Z. 2021. Advances in understanding fungicide resistance in Botrytis Cinerea in China.
- Phytopathology®, 111: 455-463. https://doi. org/10.1094/PHYTO-07-20-0313-IA PMid:33174825
- Suseela Bhai R, Thomas J. 2010. Compatibility of Trichoderma harzianum (Ritai.) with fungicides, insecticides and fertilizers. Indian Phytopathol, 63: 145-148.
- Thoudam R, Dutta B. 2014. Compatibility of Trichoderma atroviride with fungicides against black rot disease of tea: An in vitro study. J. Int. Acad. Res. Multidiscip., 2:25-33.
- Valarmathi P, Pareek SK, Priya V, Rabindran R, Chandrasekar G. 2013. Compatibility of copper hydroxide (Kocide 3000) with biocontrol agents. IOSR-JAVS, 3: 28-31. https://doi.org/10.9790/2380-0362831
- Vyas U, Akbari L, Fartyal T, Kukadiya C, Karkar S. 2020. Compatibility study of fungal and bacterial bio control agents with agro chemicals. J Pharmacogn Phytochem, 9: 2132-2135.
Abstract Views: 30
PDF Views: 11