Open Access Subscription Access
Geological Resource Modelling and Mine Planning of a Surface Limestone Deposit
As the mines are growing bigger the need for the advancement has also increased. The computer aided mine planning and design techniques have come as an advantage for mining industry. This project aims to exhibit the implementation of computer aided mine planning and design techniques in mining industry which gives more accuracy and reliability of mine plan. Opencast mine planning is a multi-parameter optimization problem which requires simultaneous solution. This project emphasis on the optimized planning of limestone mine where the ore is categorized into lithologies on the basis of percentage of CaO present. It uses software such as SURPAC for geological modelling, block modelling, ore reserve estimation using geostatistical model and pit design. The estimation is done using Kriging which shows that the percentage of CaO varies from 30.24% to 47.05% which helps in determining the minable ore. It also aims at the optimization of various techno-economic parameters which play vital role in mine planning and design aspects.
SURPAC, Kriging, Geological modelling, Reserve estimation, Block model.
- Agrawal, H. (2012): Modelling of opencast mines using Surpac and its optimization (Doctoral dissertation).
- Fytas, K., Chaouai, N. E., & Lavigne, M. (1990): Gold deposits estimation using indicator kriging. CIM bulletin, 83 (934), 77-83.
- Gallagher, R. M. (2001): Split shell open pit design concept applied at De Beers Venetia Mine South Africa using the Whittle and GEMCOM software. Journal of the Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, 101(8), 401-409.
- Huang, P., Yang, P., Chen, Y., & Liu, C. (2011): Threedimensional model of Cangshang gold mine based on Surpac. International Journal of Advancements in Computing Technology, 3(11).
- Krige, D. G. (1951): A statistical approach to some basic mine valuation problems on the Witwatersrand. Journal of the Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, 52(6), 119-139.
- Moharaj, M. C., & Wangmo, Y. (2014): Ore body modelling and comparison of different reserve estimation techniques (Doctoral dissertation).
- Roy, I., & Sarkar, B. C. (2005): A geostatistical approach to resource evaluation of Kalta Iron Ore Deposit, Sundergarh district, Orissa. Journal of the geological society of India.
- Sahoo, M. M., & Pal, B. (2017): Geological modelling of a deposit and application using Surpac.
- Sarkar, B. C., & Roy, I. (2005): A Geostatistical approach to resource evaluation of Kala iron ore Deposit, Sundergarh Dist. Orissa. Jour. Geol. Soc. India, 65(5), 553-561.
- Sinha, S.K., Choudhary, B.S., Sharma, R.K. (2017): Review of exploration data with respect to outlier’s experience deposit of NMDC Ltd., Journal of Mines, Metals and Fuels
- Stone, J. G., & Dunn, P. G. (1996): Ore reserve estimates in the real world (pp. 160-p). Littleton: Society of Economic Geologists.
- Torabi, S. A., & Choudhary, B. S. (2017): Conventional and Computer Aided Ore Reserve Estimation. International Journal of Engineering Technology Science and Research, ISSN, 2394-3386.
- Vann, J., & Guibal, D. (1998): Beyond Ordinary Kriging: An Overview of Non-linear Estimation. Beyond ordinary kriging: Non-linear geostatistical methods in practice. The Geostatistical Association of Australasia, Perth, 30, 6-25.
- Wang, B., Liu, B. S., Wang, T., Xiong, T., & Han, Z. Q. (2011): Research and application of the three-dimensional visualization geological modelling of mine based on Surpac [J]. China Mining Magazine 2.
Abstract Views: 52
PDF Views: 0