Open Access Subscription Access
Entrepreneurial Intentions of Graduating Students in Non-metro Cities of Karnataka
Purpose: The purpose of this study is to investigate whether the type of graduation, family background and geographical area influences the entrepreneurial intentions of graduating students. Further the attempts explore the reasons for such influence. Methodology/approach- a total of 202 students from Tumakuru city participated in the survey by responding to google forms as well as structured questionnaire via offline.Findings- The tentative findings show that family background of the respondents motivates/demotivates the entrepreneurial intentions more than geographical area and the type of graduation. Originality/value- Many studies have focused on the entrepreneurial intentions based on behavioural theories and different economies, this study particularly focuses on the students studying in one of the Non-metro city in Karnataka.
Entrepreneurial intentions, graduate students, family back ground, non-metro cities.
- Alisha Soni and Kanupriya Misra Bakhru, (2021): Personality traits and entrepreneurial intention among Chartered Accountancy students, DOI http:// dx.doi.org/10.21511/ppm.19(3).2021.12, released on Tuesday, 10 August 2021, publisher: LLC “Consulting Publishing Company “Business Perspectives”, https:/ /www.proquest.com/docview/2628315351?pqorigsite= gscholar&fromopenview=true
- Economic Survey 2022: At least 14,000 new startups recognised in India, up 20 times in five years: available.
- Emrah Talaþ, Ali Kemal Çelik and Ýbrahim Orkun Oral, (2013): The Influence of Demographic Factors on Entrepreneurial Intention among Undergraduate Students as a Career Choice: The Case of a Turkish University, American International Journal of Contemporary Research Vol.3 No.12; December 2013, https://www.researchgate.net/profil
- Hanieh Alipour Bazkiaei, Low Hock Heng, Noor Ullah Khan, Roselina Binti Ahmad Saufi & Raja Suzana Raja Kasim, (2020): Do entrepreneurial education and big-five personality traits predict entrepreneurial intention among universities students?, Reviewing editor: Pantea Foroudi, MBT, Middlesex University, London, UK, DOI: 10.1080/ 23311975.2020.1801217,
- Imran Anwar, Imran Saleem, (2018): Effect of Entrepreneurial Education on Entrepreneurial Intention of Indian Students (2018), e-ISSN: 2348- 6848 p-ISSN: 2348-795X Volume 05 Issue 12 April 2018
- Imran Anwar and Imran Saleem, (2020): Entrepreneurial intention of Indian university students: the role of opportunity recognition and entrepreneurship education, Education of Training Vol.62 No.7/8, pp. 843-861 Emerald Publishing Limited 0040-0912 DOI 10.1108/ET-02-2020-0033,
- J. Krithika, Dr. B. Venkatachalam, (2014): A Study on Impact of Subjective Norms On Entrepreneurial Intention Among The Business Students In Bangalore, IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSRJBM) e-ISSN: 2278-487X, p-ISSN: 2319-7668. Volume 16, Issue 5. Ver. III (May. 2014), PP 48-50 www.iosrjournals.org, https://www.researchgate.net/ profile/Krithika-Jeganathan/publication/
- Kehinde A. Ojewumi and Damilare A. Fagbenro, (2019): Entrepreneurial Intention among Polytechnic Students in Nigeria: the role of self- efficacy and social networks, International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge Issue 1/2019, Volume, https://ijek.org/index.php/IJEK/article/view/85
- Manjib Bhuyan and Dr. Prachi Pathak, (2017): Understanding Entrepreneurial Intention of University Students in Uttarakhand: An Empirical Study, Indian Journal of Commerce & Management Studies ISSN: 2249-0310 EISSN: 2229-5674, https://www.ijcms.in/ index.php/ijcms/article/view/209/200
- Noorseha Ayob, a Ching Seng Yap, bDewi Amat Sapuan, C Md Zabid Abdul Rashidd, (2013): Social Entrepreneurial Intention among Business Undergraduates: An Emerging Economy Perspective, Gadjah Mada International Journal of Business Vol. 15, No. 3 (September-December 2013): 249-267, https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Noorseha Ayob/ publication/274706401_Social_Entrepreneurial_ Intention_among_Business_Undergraduates_An_ Emerg i n g _ E c o n o m y _ P e r s p e c t i v e / l i n k s / 5526720a0cf21e126f9db0e6/Social-Entrepreneurial- Intention-among-Business-Undergraduates-An- Emerging-Economy-Perspective.pdf
- P. Jayalakshmi1, A.S. Saranya, (2015) Entrepreneurial Intention Among Students of Arts and Science Colleges In Chennai - An Empirical Study, International Journal on Information Sciences & Computing. Jan 2015, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p6-15. 10p,
- Irin Sutha and P. Sankar, (2016): Entrepreneurial Intention and Social Entrepreneurship among University Students in Chennai City, International Journal of Engineering Studies. ISSN 0975-6469 Volume 8, Number 1 (2016), pp. 93-106 Research India Publications http://www.ripublication.com, https://www.ripublication.com/ijes16/ijesv8n1_08.pdf
- R. Ponmania, P. Pretheebab, and R. Annapooranic, (2014): Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Management and Economics, (February 2014). Oral Presentations. pp.159-166 Faculty of Management and Finance, University of Ruhuna. ISBN 978-955-1507-30-5, Entrepreneurial Intention Among Male and Female Students From Different Domains of Specialty, http:// citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi= 10.1.1.702.1813&rep=rep1&type=pdf
- Saifullahi Adam Bayero, Najafi Auwalu Ibrahim Babangida Danladi Safiyan, (2021): Effect of entrepreneurial education and attitude on entrepreneurial intention among graduating students of the Nigerian universities: a conceptual framework (2021), Cosmos Journal of Engineering & Technology A Refereed Research Journal, Vol.10/No.2/Jul-Dec 2020, ISSN: 2231-4210, https:// www.cosmosjournal.in/ wp-content/uploads/ 2021/02/ CET-JD20-Saifullahi-Adam-Bayero.pdf
- Tatiana Iakovleva, Lars Kolvereid and Ute Stephan, (2011): Entrepreneurial intentions in developing and developed countries, Education of Training Vol. 53 No. 5, 2011 pp.353-370 q Emerald Group Publishing Limited 0040-0912 DOI 10.1108/00400911111147686, https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/ 00400911111147686/full/pdf
- Tan Owee Kowang, Siti Zulaiha Binti Abdulah Apandi, Ong Choon Hee, Goh Chin Fei, Mohd Saiful Izwaan Saadon, Mohamad Rosni Othman, (2021): Undergraduates Entrepreneurial Intention: Holistic Determinants Matter, International Journal of Evaluation and Research in Education, v10 n1 p57- 64 Mar 2021, https://eric.ed.gov/?id=EJ1285728.
Abstract Views: 44