Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Multi Epitopes Potential on Surface Sars-cov-2 Protein as a Covid-19 Vaccine Candidate
Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the etiology of an outbreak Covid-19. SARS-CoV-2 has a structural part consisting of spike glycoprotein, nucleoprotein N, membrane M and envelopes small membrane pentamer E. Immunoinformatic approach epitope analysis is developed to identify both weak and robust epitopes. Our study aims to identify several epitopes present in the spike glycoprotein, envelope, and membrane protein from the SARCoV-2 surface, with the help of insilico approach that highly potential as vaccine candidates. Analysis of antigeninicity was performed with the Kolaskar and Tongaonkar Antigenicity software. Epitope Mapping was analyzed using Linear Epitope Prediction Bepired. The structure of proteins with epitope regions was visualized by software Pyrex and PyMOL. Conserve analysis was performed using bio edit software. HLA mimicry was analyzed through HLAPred software. Molecular docking between the epitope with HLA I and HLA II was validated by Chimera and PyMOL software. The toxicity test for candidate vaccine peptides was carried out using ToxinPred software. Our study found seven potential epitope candidates as vaccine candidates. The seven epitopes were derived from spike proteins (5 epitopes), envelope proteins (1 epitope), and membrane proteins (1 epitope). All epitope codes are conserved and are not the same as HLA in Humans. The docking test results show a value with low affinity so that a strong bond can provide a high immune response. Toxicity tests show that all epitopes are non-toxic and safe to use as vaccine ingredients. Seven peptides from the spike, envelope, membrane protein that showed potential as vaccine candidates against Covid-19.
Immunoinformatic, Surface protein, Epitope, Covid-19, Vaccine candidate.
- Ansori ANM. Nidom RV. Kusala MKJ. Indrasari S. Normalina I. Nidom AN. Afifah B et al. Viroinformatics investigation of B-cell epitope conserved region in SARS-CoV-2 lineage B.1.1.7 isolates originated from Indonesia to develop vaccine candidate against COVID-19. Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmacognosy Research 2021; 9(6):766-779.
- Devi KN. Rosy JS. ECMO therapy for COVID-19. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research 2021; 11(2):299-301.
- Ansori ANM. Kharisma VD. Fadholly A. Tacharina MR. Antonius Y. Parikesit AA. Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2 emergence and its treatment with alternative medicines: A review. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(10).
- Nidom RV. Ansori ANM. Indrasari S. Normalina I. Kusala MKJ. Saefuddin A. Nidom CA. Recent updates on COVID-19 vaccine platforms and its immunological aspects: A review. Systematic Reviews in Pharmacy. 2020; 11(10):807-818.
- Fernandes M. Thakur JR. Gavanje MS. A study to assess knowledge regarding covid-19 among Nursing students. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 11(1):65-67.
- Turista DDR. Islamy A. Kharisma VD. Ansori ANM. Distribution of COVID-19 and phylogenetic tree construction of SARS-CoV-2 in Indonesia. Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology. 2020; 14:1035-1042.
- Rai P. Roy D. Death and scarcity of life saving PPEs: Where is the life of heroes?. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 11(1):157-160.
- Zheng M. Song L. Novel antibody epitopes dominate the antigenicity of spike glycoprotein in SARS-CoV-2 compared to SARS-CoV. Cellular & Molecular Immunology. 2020; 17:536-538.
- Ansori ANM. Kharisma VD. Muttaqin SS. Antonius Y. Parikesit AA. Genetic variant of SARS-CoV-2 isolates in Indonesia: Spike glycoprotein gene. Journal of Pure Applied Microbiology. 2020; 14:971-978.
- Kharisma VD. Ansori ANM. Construction of epitope-based peptide vaccine against SARS-CoV-2. Immunoinformatics study. Journal of Pure Applied Microbiology. 2020; 14(suppl 1):999-1005.
- Fahmi M. Kharisma VD. Ansori ANM. Ito M. Retrieval and investigation of data on SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 using bioinformatics approach. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology. 2021; 1318:839-857.
- Joshi A. Joshi BC. Mannan MA. Kaushik A. Epitope based vaccine prediction for SARS-CoV-2 by deploying immune-informatics approach. Informatics in Medicine Unlocked. 2020; 19:100338.
- Armiyanti Y. Arifianto RP. Nurmariana E. Senjarini K. Widodo. Fitri LE. Sardjono TW. Identification of antigenic proteins from salivary glands of female Anopheles maculatus by proteomic analysis. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine. 2016; 6(11):930-936.
- Mufida DC. Handono K. Sumarno RP. Santoso S. Identification of hemagglutinin protein from Streptococcus pneumoniae pili as a vaccine candidate by proteomic analysis. Turkish Journal of Immunology. 2018; 6(1):8−15.
- Abdelmageed MI. Abdelmoneim AH. Mustafa MI. Elfadol NM. Murshed NS. Shantier SW. Makhawi AM. Design of multi epitope-based peptide vaccine against E protein of human COVID-19: An immunoinformatics approach. BioMed Research International. 2020; 2020:2683286.
- Pradana KA. Anekson M. Wahjudi M. Indonesians human leukocyte antigen (HLA) distributions and correlations with global diseases. Immunological Investigations. 2019; 1-31.
- Trott A. Olson J. AutoDock Vina: improving the speed and accuracy of docking with a new scoring function, efficient optimization and multithreading. Journal of Computational Chemistry. 2010; 31:455-461.
- Luckner SR. Machutta CA. Tonge PJ. Kisker C. Crystal structures of Mycobacterium tubercolosis KasA show mode of action within cell wall biosynthesis and its inhibition by thiolactomycin. Structure. 2009; 15:17(7): 1004–1013.
- Naresh BV. A review of the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2020; 10(3):233-238.
- Bhattacharya M. Sharma AR. Patra P. Ghosh P. Sharma G. Patra BC. Lee SS et al. Development of epitope‐based peptide vaccine against novel coronavirus 2019 (SARS‐COV‐2): Immunoinformatics approach. Journal of Medical Virology. 2020; 1–14.
- Rokade M. Khandagale P. Coronavirus disease: A review of a new threat to public health. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2020; 10(3):241-244.
- Dawood AA. Should we worry that the COVID-19 could be transmitted with the semen?. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2020; 10(4):319-320.
- Kalita P, Padhi AK, Zhang KYJ, Tripathi T. Design of a peptide-based subunit vaccine against novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. Microbial Pathogenesis. 2020; 145:104236.
- Jarag PL. Kengar MD. Jadhav RR. Shinde AS. Koli SS. Honmane PP. On overview- corona virus and hanta virus disease. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2020; 10(3):178-182.
- Zhu X. Liu Q. Du L. Lu L. Jiang S. Receptor-binding domain as a target for developing SARS vaccines. Journal of Thoracic Disease. 2013; 5(Suppl. 2):S142–S148.
- Nieto-Torres JL. DeDiego ML. Verdia-Baguena C. Jimenez-Guardeno JM. Regla-Nava JA. Fernandez-Delgado R. Castano-Rodriguez C et al. Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus envelope protein ion channel activity promotes virus fitness and pathogenesis. PLoS Pathogens. 2014; 10:e1004077.
- Liu J. Sun Y. Qi J. Chu F. Wu H. Gao F. Li T. The membrane protein of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus acts as a dominant immunogen revealed by a clustering region of novel functionally and structurally defined cytotoxic T-lymphocyte epitopes. The Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2010; 202:1171–1180.
- Neuman BW. Kiss G. Kunding AH. Bhella D. Baksh MF. Connelly S. Droese B et al. A structural analysis of M protein in coronavirus assembly and morphology. Journal of Structural Biology. 2011; 174:11–22.
- Zanelli E. Breedveld FC. de Vries RR. HLA class II association with rheumatoid arthritis: Facts and interpretations. Human Immunology. 2000; 61(12):1254–1561.
- Fiser A. Sali A. ModLoop: Automated modeling of loops in protein structures. Bioinformatics. 2003; 19(18):2500–2501
- Ansori ANM. Kusala MKJ. Normalina I. Indrasari S. Alamudi MY. Nidom RV. Santoso KP et al. Immunoinformatic investigation of three structural protein genes in Indonesian SARS-CoV-2 isolates. Systematic Reviews in Pharmacy. 2020; 11(7):422-434.
- Li Y. Surya W. Claudine S. Torres J. Structure of a conserved Golgi complex-targeting signal in coronavirus envelope proteins. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2014; 289:12535-12549.
Abstract Views: 10
PDF Views: 0