Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
A Conceptual Outlook on Time Management at Small Scale Industries, Puducherry
Time management is an important factor which helps to enhance the productivity and profitability of an organization. At Puducherry, there are about 7300 small scale industries. This study was carried out across 30 small scale industries. The researcher visited the companies. Based on the observation, the researcher formulated a case on time management. The case formulated explains all the procedures and policies related to time management. Small Scale Industries considers effective time management is the investment of time in efficient manner that helps to achieve suitable results within a specific time range. The type of analysis used to analyze this case is SWOT analysis. The strength of time management helps to enhance the performance level of the employees. The weakness is work not prioritized based on the importance. The threat includes increased stress and frustration of the employees. The opportunity is to provide counselling to the employees to reduce stress and frustration. Based on the SWOT analysis, findings from the study are made. The findings used to propose various suggestions and recommendations. The conclusion of the study focuses on enhancing the management of time more effectively at various small scale industries located at Puducherry.
Industry, Productivity, Time Management, Stress, Performance.
- Baiyun Qian and Quanquan Zheng (2012), "An Issue of Public Affairs Management: The Effect of Time Slack and Need for Cognition on Prediction of Task Completion", Public Personnel Management, Vol. 41, No. 5, 1-8.
- Christopher Burt, Alexandra Weststrate, Caroline Brown, Felicity Champion (2010), "Development of the Time Management Environment (TIME) Scale", Journal of Managerial Psychology Vol. 25 No. 6,649-667.
- Festus Chioma, Ozioma Adanwo Ekpete (2011), "Time Management for Result Oriented Learning", Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. 2 (5)27-33.
- Gholam Reza Hashemzadeh, Vahid Ranjbar, Sara Taheri Moosavi, Fatemeh Eidi (2011), "The Role of Organizational Culture in the Establishment of Time Management (A Case Study: Mines and Mineral Industries)", Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 5(12): 2536-2543.
- Hasan Alinezhad, Malikeh Beheshtifar, Fateme Gorbani (2013), "Studying the Relationship between Time Management and Mental Health of Employees", Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research, 3(6)167-173.
- Lucy Karimi Njagi, Jane Malel (2012), "Time Management and Job Performance in Selected Parastatals in Kenya", Australian Journal of Business and Management Research, Vol.2, No.05 19-29.
- Monique Y Wells (2010), "Time Management for Preclinical Safety Professionals", Toxicology/Pathology Services Inc. Paris, 38: 675-680.
- Ojokuku, Obasan Kehinde (2011), "Time Management and Organisational Performance: A Causal Analysis", Pakistan Journal of Business and Economic Review Vol. 2, Number 1, 60-76.
- Sana Azar (2013), "Impact of Time Management Training on Pakistani Corporate Sector Employees", Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research, 3(4)476-482.
- Sarvesh Satija, Preetika Satija (2013), "Time Management: An Insight with Indian Perspective", SMS Varanasi, Vol. V, No. 2, 115-134.
- Temesgen Belayneh Zerihun, Murali Krishna S, (2012), "Few Techniques for Time Management", Journal of Business Management & Social Sciences Research, Vol. 1, No.3, 32-37.
Abstract Views: 550
PDF Views: 2