Mobile Commerce: A Revolution in Indian Business
After the internet revolution the mobile revolution is all set to sweep the Indian soil. There was a time when people debated whether e-commerce was for real or not and now the rules of the game are changing and traditional players are viewing for more mobility space. Increase in the flexibility and rapid proliferation of mobile phones and other mobile devices have created a revolution in the ways of doing business. The mobile service charges are at an all time low in India compared to the world, enabling even the low-income groups to own and operate mobile phone. The new mobile devices are feature rich and user friendly so as to enable an illiterate to operate have attracted massive traffic because of its distinctive characteristics. With the rising pace in the smart phone adoption, m-commerce and mobile friendly ecommerce web sites, it is only matter of time when the brick and mortar shops will lose their existence as more and more people are using the wireless apps that are associated with m-commerce.
This paper focuses on such issues and extends research on mobile commerce in India. It lists the challenges being faced by the Indian m-commerce industry and also addresses the innovative modes of mobile commerce that is gaining momentum and shaping a new business prospect in India. The paper also throws light on various categories of mobile commerce applications bringing out its significance in today's era of information and helping to understand the benefits derived from the same. Research methodology comprises of secondary sources of data collection.
- All India Management Association, Management Journal, Volume 51, Issue 1
- The Economic Times (Newspaper): The Economic Times Connect magazine, January 12-18, 2014, pg.22-23
- Mobile commerce beyond electronic commerce: Issue and challenges
- Asian Journal of Business and Management Sciences, Vol. 1 No. 2 [119-129]
- http://www.academia.edu/1470067/FROM_MOBILE_TO_MOB ILE_COMMERCE_AN_OVERVIEW_IN_THE_INDIAN_PERSPECTIVE
- A review for mobile commerce research and applications by E.W.T. Ngai and A. Gunasekaran (http://jpkc.fudan.edu.cn/picture/article/217/23/6e/762567a44cf68799c9d29061e876/07232a48-ff95-4158-ba31-7bdc820dd0d0.pdf)
- Mobile Commerce beyond Electronic Commerce: issue and challenges by Dr. Asghar Afshar Jahanshai (www.academia.edu/1470066/MOBILE_COMMERCE_BEYON D_ELECTRONIC_COMMERCE_ISSUE_AND_CHALLENGE S)
- http://www.iamai.in/PCov_Detail.aspx?nid=3250&NMonth=1& NYear=2014
- http://www.trai.gov.in/WriteReadData/WhatsNew/Documents/En glish-Activity-Report-2013.pdf
Abstract Views: 233
PDF Views: 2