Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Examine Relationship between Employees Satisfaction on Performance Appraisal System with Fairness of the System
Performance Appraisal Systems one of the important component of human resource management. This component also plays a very important role in the job satisfaction of employee. It is a system which is used to evaluate the performance of an Employee in the organisation. This is the evaluation system on the basis of which employees salary is increased or decreased, their promotion or demotion is done. The organisation may be some institution, company, industry or any firm. This study completely based on the Performance Appraisal System. The main purpose of the study is to measure satisfaction of Employee with Performance Appraisal System and to find out the relationship between Employee satisfaction on Performance Appraisal System with Fairness of the system. The organisation in this study is educational institutes of Jalandhar. The Employees in the study are the faculty members of the educational institutes. A sample of 200 respondents is taken to conduct the study. Correlation technique is used to find out the relationship between Employee satisfaction on Performance Appraisal System with Fairness of the system. The findings show that maximum number of respondents (faculty members) is satisfied with their Performance Appraisal System. The findings also revealed that there is a positive relationship between Employee satisfaction on Performance Appraisal System with Fairness of the system. Some suggestions have been made on the basis of the findings of the study.
Performance Appraisal System, Employee Satisfaction, Job Satisfaction, Fairness of the System.
- Asmu, B. Performance Appraisal Interviews. Journal of Business Communication . 45( 4); 2008: 408-429.
- Bahadar Shah, F. S. Performance Appraisal Fairness Perceptions in Supervisory and Non- Supervisory Employees: A Case of Civil Servants in District Dera Ismail Khan Pakistan . Business and Management Review. 1(7); 2011: 37-45.
- Chu, Chen-Ming. The Essence and Effects of Performance Appraisal System: Adopting the Expectation, Reality and Discrepancy Model. NTU Management Review. 9; 2002: 113- 152.
- Evans. Evaluation and Design for Peak Performance. Journal of Business and Economics. 1987: 14-24.
- Francis O. Boachie-Mensah, C. C. Employees' Perception of Performance Appraisal System”. Intemational Joumal of Business and Management. 7(2); 2012: 73-88.
- Jamal Abu-Doleh, D. W. Dimensions of Performance Appraisal Systems in Jordanian Private and Public Organizations. International Journal of Human Resource Management. 2007: 75-84.
- Jefferey. Reactions to Employee Performance Monitoring Framework Review and Research Directions. Human Performance. 13; 2000: 85-112.
- Jobber. Organizational Size and Sales Force Evaluation Practices. Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management. 13; 1993: 37-48.
- Kondrasuk, J. N. The Ideal Performance Appraisal Is A Format, Not A Form. Academy of Strategic Management Journal.11(1); 2012: 115-130.
- Muhammad Saqib, D. M. A Brief Review of Performance Appraisal Practices and its Implementation at Government Offices in Pakistan. Interdisciplinary Journal Of Contemporary Research In Business. 3(10); 2012: 1057-1060.
- Malik Ikramullah, B. S.Fairness Perceptions of Performance Appraisal System: An Empirical Study of Civil Servants in District Dera Ismail Khan Pakistan. International Journal of Business and Social Science.2( 21); 2011: 92-100.
- Migirio S.O, T. M. Evaluating the Performance Appraisal System in the Bank of Botswana. African. Journal of Business Management. 5(10); 2011: 3765-3776.
- Muhammad Kashif Saeed, N. S. Employees' Perception of Effectiveness of Performance Appraisals. The Case of Pakistan . SIU Journal of Management. 1(1); 2011: 58-75.
- Manning. Performance Managing for Excellence. International Journal of Business and Social Science. 1988:37-48.
- Ruby Melody Agbola, S. H. The Effefectiveness of Performance Appraisal as a Tool for Enhancing Employee Performance in the Public Health Sector. Global Management Journal. 2010: 81-96.
- Ruby Melody Agbola, S. H. The Effefectiveness of Performance Appraisal as a Tool for Enhancing Employee Performance in the Public Health Sector. Global Management Journal.2010:81-96.
- Siaguru, F. Performance Appraisal Systems: Procedural and Implementation Issues in Papua New Guinea. Journal of Management Policy and Practice. 12(5); 2011: 116-127.
- Sudin, S. Fairness of and Satisfaction with Performance Appraisal Process. Journal Of Global Management. 2(1); 2011: 66-83.
- Samad, S. Predictors of Performance Appraisal Among Managers in Malaysian Commercial Banks . International Conference on Management and Artificial Intelligence. 6; 2011: 64-167.
- T. T. Selvarajan, P. A.Can Performance Appraisals Motivate Employees to Improve Performance? A Mexican Study . The International Journal of Human Resource Management. 2011: 1-22.
- Zereshki, M. D. Effects of Performance Appraisal quality on Job Satisfaction in Multinational Companies in Malayasia. International Journal of Enterprise. 2013: 1-18.
Abstract Views: 284
PDF Views: 0