Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Rice Growth and Yield Under Twenty Years of Cropping in a Long Term Fertilizer Experiment in Central Laterites of Kerala
The AICRP on long term fertilizer experiment was established at RARS Pattambi in 1997 and the experiment is being conducted continuously in the same field. The objective of the experiment was to study the effect of long term application of fertilizers and manures on growth and yield of the plant and monitoring of soil quality. The experiment consists of 12 treatments. The LTFE experiment with 20 years cropping history revealed the superiority of integrated nutrient management with 100 per cent NPK along with FYM over the sole use of fertilizers. However in situ growing of dhaincha (Sesbania aculeata) also offer a good solution for integration of manures and fertilizers. Integrated nutrient management and in situ green manuring with daincha recorded higher grain and straw yield and the growth parameters corroborated the trends in yield.
LTFE, Laterite Soil, INM, Long Term Fertilizer Experiments.
- Brück, H. and Guo, S.W. (2006). Influence of N form on growth photosynthesis of Phaseolus vulgaris L. plants. J. Plant Nutr. Soil Sci., 169 (6) : 849-856.
- Claussen, W. and Lenz, F. (1995). Effect of ammonium and nitrate on net photosynthesis, flower formation, growth and yield of eggplants (Solanum melongena L.). Plant Soil, 171 (2) : 267-274.
- Hemalatha, M., Thirumugan, V. and Balasubramanian, R. (2000). Effect of organic sources of nitrogen on productivity and quality of rice (Oryza sativa) and soil fertility. Indian J. Agron., 45 (3): 564-567.
- Jasma, V.A., Ajitha, T.K., Krishnan, S., Moossa, P.P. and Sindhumole, P. (2020). Dynamics of nutrient uptake in LTFE on rice in Kerala J. Indian Soc. Agrl. Stat., 74 (1): 61-66.
- Kavimani, R., Annadurai, K., Vijayabaskaran, S. and Rangaraju, G. (2000). Effect of farm yard manure and nitrogen on growth and yield of pearlmillet under rainfed alfisol.Madras Agric. J., 87 (10/12) : 713-714.
- Kumar, V., Parihar, A.K.S., Kumar, S. and Chourasiya, A. (2014). Performance of hybrid rice (Oryza sativa L.) to integrated nutrient management (INM) in partially reclaimed sodic soil. The Bioscan, 9(2): 835-837.
- Kurumthottical, S. T. (1982). Dynamics and residual effects of PME on rice. M.Sc. (Ag.) Thesis, Kerala Agricultural University, Vellanikkara, Thrissur, 78pp.
- Larijani, B.A. and Hoseini, S.J. (2012). Comparison of integrated chemical and organic fertilizer management on rice growth and yield under system of rice intensification (SRI). Internat J.Agron.& Plant Prod., 3(Special Issue): 726-731.
- Nikhil, K. (2014). Biological profile of ferralitic alluvial paddy soils under long term differential fertilizer application. M.Sc. (Ag.) Thesis, Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur, 112pp.
- Pramanik, M., Das, A.K., Jana, P.K. and Dwary, A. (2004). Vermicompost- a potential source of organic plant nutrients for production sustainability in rice-rapeseed-green gram cropping sequence in lower Gangetic plains of eastern India. In: Proceedings of “3rd RDA/ARNOA International Conference on Development of Basic Standard for Organic Rice Cultivation”. 8-10 September, Yangpyung, Korea. pp. 24-26.
- Sharma, A.R. and Mittra, B.N. (1988).Effect of green manuring and mineral fertilizer on growth and yield of crops in ricebased cropping on acid lateritic soil. J. Agric. Sci.,110(3): 605608.
- Singh, G., Kumar, T., Kumar, V., Kumar, R.G. and Sharma, R. (2002). Effect of integrated nutrient management on transplanted rice (Oryza sativa) and its residual effect on succeeding wheat (Triticum aestivum) cross in rainfed low lands. Indian J. Agron., 47 (3): 311-317.
Abstract Views: 362
PDF Views: 0