Open Access Subscription Access
PI-Based Load Frequency Controller Design for Multi Machine System Using Genetic Algorithm
The paper presents a systematic method of obtaining a detailed model of control area for automatic generation control (AGC) taking into account the effect of power transmission network. The analysis is carried out considering a 6-bus system and genetic algorithm (GA) is used to optimize the gains of Proportional Integral (P-I) controller for improving the dynamic response of the system. The results show that the dynamic response for frequency deviation improves significantly considering P-I controller optimized using GA.
Load Frequency Control (LFC), Proportional-Integral (P-I) Controller, Genetic Algorithm (GA).
- Elgerd, O., Electric Energy Systems Theory: An Introduction, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1971.
- Jaleeli, N., VanSlyck, L., Ewart, D., Fink, L., Hoffman, A., Understanding automatic generation control, IEEE Transaction on Power System, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 1106–1112, 1992.
- Fosha, C., Elgerd, O., The megawatt-frequency control problem: A new approach via optimal control theory, IEEE Transaction on Power System, Vol. 89, pp. 563–577, 1970.
- Tripathy, S.C., Hope, G.S., Malik O.P., Optimisation of load–frequency control parameters for power systems with reheat steam turbines and governor deadband nonlinearity, IEE Proceedings on Generation Transmission Distribution, Vol. 129, pp.10–16, 1982.
- Hiyama, T., Design of decentralised load–frequency regulators for interconnected power systems, IEE Proceedings on Generation Transmission Distribution, Vol. 129, pp. 17–23, 1982.
- Lim, K.Y., Wang, Y., Zhou, R., Robust decentralised load–frequency control of multi-area power systems, IEE Proceedings on Generation Transmission Distribution, Vol. 143, 1996.
- Yang, T.C., Cimen, H., Zhu, Q.M., Decentralised load–frequency controller design based on structured singular values, IEE Proceedings on Generation Transmission Distribution, Vol. 145, pp. 7–14, 1998.
- Bialek, J., Tracing the flow of electricity, IEE Proceedings on Generation Transmission Distribution, Vol. 143, pp. 313–320, 1996.
- Christie, R.D., Bose, A., Load frequency control issues in power system operation after deregulation, IEEE Transaction on Power System, Vol. 3, pp. 1191–1196, 1996.
- Zobian, A., Ilic, M.D, Unbundling of transmission and ancillary services-technical issues, IEEE Transaction on Power System, Vol. 12, pp. 539–548, 1997.
- Iracleous, D.P., Alexandridis, A.T., A multi-task automatic generation control for power regulation, Electric Power System Research, Vol. 73, pp. 275-285, 2005.
- Das,D., Electrical Power Systems, A Book, New Age International (P) limited, 2006.
- Schultz, W.C., Rideout, V.C., Control system performance measures: past, present and future, IRE Transactions on Automatic Control, AC- 6,22, pp. 22-35, 1961.
- Ogata, K., Modern Control Engineering, A book, Printice-Hall, Englewood cliffs, NJ, pp. 293-313, 1970.
- Holland, J. H., Adaptation in Nature and Artificial Systems, University of Michigan Pres, Am Arrbor,1975.
- Biswas S., Bera P., GA Application to Optimization of AGC in Two–Area Power System Using Battery Energy Storage, International Conference on Communications, Devices and Intelligent Systems (CODIS), Jadavpur University, 2012.
Abstract Views: 270
PDF Views: 25