Open Access Subscription Access
Development and Performance Testing of a Magnetic Reciprocating Engine
Toxic pollutants emitted from automobiles have caused serious environment- related issues that need implementation of environment-friendly technologies. Fossil fuel based automotive vehicles causes high emission of COx/SOx/NOx through burning of hydrocarbon fuels. For this reason, electric vehicles come into picture. As the price and demand of fossil fuel are increasing over the past and have made the society looks for alternatives in the vehicle sector. Electric vehicles reduce toxic emissions to a large extent reducing global warming. ‘Magnetic Reciprocating Engine’ proposed in this work operates without a motor and requires no fuel to run. Working principle of this engine is totally based upon the concept of magnetic repulsion and attraction property. Details of its fabrication and design are discussed in this paper. Some performance tests done on this setup are also presented in this article. In fine, there is some future prospects of introducing this kind of ‘Magnetic Reciprocating Engine’ system.
Toxic Pollutants, Fossils Fuels, Magnetic Reciprocating Engine, Magnetic Repulsion and Attraction Property.
- Tripathi, R., Micro controlled Electromagnetic Engine, International Conference on Advances in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Vol.3, No.2, pp.142-145, 2011.
- Hota, P., Rathore, M. and Shaikh, D.., Magnetic repulsion piston engine, International Journal of Science and Research, Vol. 4, No.12, pp.338-344, 2015.
- Das, S., An Electromagnetic Mechanism Which Works Like an Engine, International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technologies, Vol.4, No.6, pp.2376-2379, 2013.
- Mehta, S., Konduru, V. and Kalahsti, S.V., Magnetic piston engine, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Robotic Research, Vol.3, No.1, pp.59-66, 2014.
- Dhangar, S., Korane, A. and Barve, D., Magnetic piston operated engine, International Journal of Advanced Research in Science and Engineering, Vol. 4, No.6, pp.219-225, 2018.
- https://www.slideshare.net/vishalsatsangi/magnetic-repulsion-piston-engine, accessed on July 5 2018.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_between_magnets accessed on February 03 2018.
- https://www.britannica.com/technology/slider-crank-mechanism accessed on February 08 2018.
- http://www.talkingelectronics.com/projets/H-Bridge/H-Bridge-.html accessed on February 14 2018.
- Multiple motor h bridge? Electrical Engineering Stack Exchange, accessed on February 20 2018.
- https://pixabay.com/en/arduinoarduino-uno-technology-2168193/ accessed on February 26 2018.
- https://www.indiamart.com/accurepowertechnologies/solid-state-relays.html accessed on March 02 2018.
- http://www.gizmolab.co.za/Icf-meter/ accessed on March 25 2018.
- https://www.meccanismocomplesso.org/en/Icd03-integrare-un-display-a-cristalli15.liquidi-lcd-e-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neodymium_magnet, accessed on March 06 2018.
- https://www.meccanismocomplesso.org/en/Icd03-integrare-un-display-a-cristalliliquidi-lcd-e-un-keypad-suarduino-tramite-i2c/ accessed on April 17 2018.
- https://www.meccanismocomplesso.org/en/Icd03-integrare-un-display-a-cristalliliquidi-lcd-e-un-keypad-suarduino-tramite-i2c/ accessed on May 06 2018.
- https://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/2014/07/teac-DTS-dv-h55-dv-h350dvd-player.html accessed on May 15, 2017.
Abstract Views: 168
PDF Views: 46