Open Access Subscription Access
Single and Multi-Response Optimization for Laser Micromachining of Al 7075 Alloy
Al 7075 alloy is one of the strongest aluminium alloys having good fatigue strength and durability property. Its density is of 2.810 g/cm3. Zinc is the primary alloying element along with other elements such as magnesium, copper, chromium, iron and other elements. Innovative material development, strict design criteria, and complicated and entangled work sizes necessitate the use of non-traditional machining techniques. One such method for sculpting a wide variety of engineering materials is laser micromachining. In present research, laser micro-machining is conducted on Al 7075 alloy. The Design of experiment (DoE) is performed using Response Surface Methodology (RSM). Here, Kerf Width (KW) and heat affected zone (HAZ) are investigated by varying Laser Beam Power (LBP), Pulse Frequency (PF) and Scanning Speed (SS). Regression models for KW and HAZ are generated to observe the effects of process parameters. Also, using RSM, both single and multi-objective optimization is performed.
Laser Micro-machining, Al 7075 Alloy, Response Surface Method, Regression Model, Optimization.
- Mandal, K. K., Kuar, A.S. and Mitra, S., Experimental investigation on laser micromachining of Al 7075 Alloy, Optics and Laser Technology, Vol. 107, pp. 260-267, 2018.
- Tahir,A. F. M. andAqida, S. N.,An investigation of laser cutting quality of 22MnB5 ultra high strength steel using response surface methodology, Optics and Laser Technology, Vol. 92, pp. 142-149,2017.
- Ghosal, A., Manna, A. and Patil, P., Optimization Process during Laser Machining of 2 mm Thick AI/AI203 MMC, Materials Science Forum, Vol. 900, pp. 121-126,2017.
- Parthipan, N. and llangkumaran, M., Material synthesis, characterization and performance measurement of laser drilling for stir casted Cu-Ni-Tib2 metal matrix, Materials Today: Proceedings, Vol. 6, pp. 1- 9,2019.
- Noor, M.M., Kadirgama, K., Rahman, M.M., Zuki, N.M., Rejab, M.R.M., Muhamad, K.F and Mohamed, J.J., Prediction Modelling of Surface Roughness for Laser Beam Cutting on Acrylic Sheets, Advanced Materials Research, Vols. 83-86, pp 793- 800,2009.
- Gautam, P. and Singh, K. K., Experimental investigation and modelling of heat affected zone and surface roughness in erbiumdoped fiber laser cutting of CFRP compo- Samrat Choudhury, Kajal Kumar Mandal site, Materials Today: Proceedings, Vol. 5, pp. 24466-24475,2018.
- Pramanik, D., Goswami, S., Kuar, A. S., Sarkar, S. and Mitra, S., A Parametric Study of Kerf Deviation in Fiber Laser Micro Cutting on Ti6AI4V Superalloy, Materials Today: Proceedings, Vol. 18, 3348-3356, 2019.
- Mathew, J., Goswami, G. I., Ramakrishnan, N. and Naik, N. K., Parametric studies on pulsed Nd: YAG laser cutting of carbon fibre reinforced plastic composites, Journal of Materials processing technology, Vol. 89, pp. 198-203,1999.
- Rajaram, N., Sheikh-Ahmad, J. and Cheraghi, S. H., C02 laser cut quality of 4130 steel, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol. 43, pp. 351-358,2003.
- Dubey, A. K., and Yadava, V, Multiobjective optimisation of laser beam cutting process, Optics and Laser Technology, Vol. 40, pp. 562-570,2008.
- Myers, R. H., Montgomery, D. C. And Anderson-Cook, C. M., Response Surface Methodology. Process and Product Optimization Using Designed Experiments, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., Third Edition, 2009.
Abstract Views: 36
PDF Views: 11