Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Performance Examination of Concentric Tube Spiral Coil Heat Exchanger for Heat Transfer Analysis
Hot fluid passes through the inner tube and cold fluid flows through the outer tube in an experimental study of a Concentric Tube Spiral Coil Heat Exchanger conducted in a Counter Current method. The temperature data was recorded while the flow rates in the inner tube and Annulus were altered five times each. To get total heat transfer coefficients as well as heat transfer coefficients for the inner tube and annulus, the Wilson Plot method is utilised. The Nusselt Number gained from the experiment was compared to the Nusselt Number obtained through the development of a mathematical model using Regression Analysis. The inner Nusselt Number was linked to Dean Number, while the Annulus Nusselt Number was linked to Modified Dean Number and a new Dimensionless Number called "M Number." The experimental data was well-fitting with the Theoretical one. The hydrodynamics (pressure drop) and heat transfer properties of the concentric tube spiral coil heat exchanger were also examined.
Concentric tube Spiral Coil Heat Exchanger, Dean Number, Modified Dean Number, M Number, Wilson Plot technique, Regression Analysis.
- Timothy J Rennie, Vijaya G S Raghavan, Experimental studies of a double pipe spiral coil heat exchanger, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 29 (2005) 919-924.
- Timothy J Rennie, Vijaya G S Raghavan, Numerical studies of a double pipe spiral coil heat exchanger, Applied Thermal Engineering, 26 (2006) 1266-1273.
- Vimal Kumar, BurhanuddinFaizee, K.D.P.Nigam, Numerical studies of a concentric tube spirally coiled heat exchanger, Chemical Engineering and Processing, 47 (2008) 2287-2295.
- Vimal Kumar, Burhanuddin Faizee, K.D.P.Nigam, Pressure drop and heat transfer study in concentric tube spirally coiled heat exchanger, Chemical Engineering Science,61 (2006) 4403-4416.
- Timothy J Rennie, Vijaya G S Raghavan, Comparison of heat transfer rates between a straight tube heat exchanger and spirally coiled heat exchanger, Heat and Mass transfer, 29 (2002) 185-191.
- Timothy J Rennie, Vijaya G S Raghavan, Natural convection heat transfer from spirally coil heat exchanger, International Journal of science, 43 (2004) 359-365.
- Timothy J Rennie, Vijaya G S Raghavan, Effect of fluid thermal properties on heat transfer characterstics in a double pipe spiral coil heat exchanger, International Journal of Thermal Science, 45 (2006) 1158-1165.
- J.W.Rose, Heat transfer coefficients, Wilson plots and accuracy of thermal measurements, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 28 (2004) 77-86.
- H. Shokouhmand, M.R. Salimpour, M.A. Akhavan-Behabadi, Experimental investigation of shell and coiled tube heat exchangers using Wilson plots, Heat and Mass Transfer, 35 (2008) 84-92.
- B A Mujawar and M Raja Rao, Flow of Non Newtonian Fluids through Spiral Coils, Industrial Engineering Chemical Process, 17 (1978) 22-26.
- Hidesato ITO, Flow in curved pipes, JSME International Journal, (1986), 543-552.
- Rahul Karat, R S Jha, Development of Heat transfer Coefficient of Spiral Coil Heat Exchanger, International Journal of Thermal Science, 48 (2009) 2300-2308.
- TiruselvamRamahlingam& Vijay Raghavan, The Tube Side Heat Transfer Coefficient for Enhancement of Double Tube by Wilson Plot Analysis, Journal of Applied Science, (2011) 1725-1732.
- Jung -Yang San, Chih- Hsiang Hsu, Shih -Hao Chen, Heat transfer characterstics of a spiral coil heat exchanger, Applied Thermal Engineering, 39 (2012) 114-120.
- Vimal Kumar, S. Saini, M Sharma, Pressure drop and heat transfer in concentric tube spiral coil heat exchanger, Chemical Engineering Science, 61 (2006) 4403-4416.
- R K Patil, B W Shende P K Ghosh, Designing a spiral coil heat exchanger, Chemical Engineering 92, 24 (1982) 85-88.
- AmolAndhare, V M Kriplani, J P Modak, Thermal Analysis of a spiral coil heat exchanger, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 48 (2009) 2300-2308.
- AbdallaGomaa, M Omara, Correlations for heat transfer coefficient and pressure drop in the annulus of concentric spiral coil, Heat and Mass Transfer, 50 (2014) 583-586
- Pawan Kumar, Kanchan. A Study of Factors affecting the level of Consumer’s buying behavior for Branded Apparels. Asian Journal of Management. 2018; 9(1):155-161
- G. Karthiga Devi, Ar. Alamu. Production of Biopolymer Levan by Bacillus subtilis using Non-Ionic Surfactants. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2013; Vol. 3: Issue 4, Pg 149-154
- S. Kathirvel, R. Raju, B. Seethadevi, A. Suneetha, J. Pavani. Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for the Determination of Process Related Impurities in Posaconazole API. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2014; Vol. 4: Issue 4, Oct.-Dec., Pg 167-178
- Amol S. Sherikar. Quantitative Structure Activity Relationship of Some Substituted 2-Aminopyridines and Fused Bicyclic Rings as inhibitors of Nitric Oxide Synthases. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(10): Oct., 2011; Page 1625-1629
- M.L.N. Acharyulu, P.V.S.R. Mohana Rao, P. Jaya Ranga Rao. Analytical Applications of Isatin in the Determination of Darunavir and Methoxamine Hydrochloride. Asian J. Research Chem. 2020; 13(6):409-414
- M.L.N. Acharyulu, P.V.S.R. Mohana Rao, I. Siva Ramakoti, P. Jayarangarao. Condensation Methods for the Determination of Methoxamine Hydro Chloride in Pure and Pharmaceutical Formulations. Asian J. Research Chem. 2021; 14(1):23-27
- M.L.N. Acharyulu, P.V.S.R. Mohana Rao, I. Siva Ramakoti, P.Jayarangarao. Validation of FGFCF and Ammonium molybdate in visible Spectrophotometric Determination of Eletriptan Hydro Bromide. Research J. Science and Tech. 2020; 12(3):195-200
- Baljit Singh, A. K. Asati, Rakesh Kumar. Effect of parameters on Earth Air Heat Exchanger in Hot- dry climate. Research J. Engineering and Tech. 2018;9(1): 59-66
- K.V.P. Chakradhar. Materials for High Temperature Heat Exchanger Applications: A Review. Research J. Engineering and Tech. 2020;11(3):125-132
- B. Vishali, J. Venkatesu Naik. The Thermal Performance of Earth Air Heat Exchanger. Research J. Science and Tech. 2017; 9(4): 635-638
Abstract Views: 23
PDF Views: 0