Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Achieving Millennium Development Goals by 2015 in Bangladesh: Dream and Reality
Bangladesh is the signatory country to implement Millennium Development Goals by 2015. Bangladesh has achieved remarkable success in eradicate poverty, primary education, gender equality and reduces child mortality. In all aspect of MDGs indicators, Bangladesh has revealed positive sign to meet the target. By reviewing literature related to MDGs, this paper is an attempt to see the progress of MDGs in Bangladesh in terms of all MDGs Goals, and its indicators. This paper highlights that, whereas Bangladesh is on track and need attention for achieving MDGs.
Millennium Development Goals, Bangladesh, Progress, Status
- BRAC.2012. Bangladesh-A Next-11 country in the twenty first century, BRAC Annual Report 2011.Dhaka.
- GED (2005). Bangladesh Unlocking the Potential, National Strategy for Accelerated Poverty Reduction, Dhaka: General Economics Division, Bangladesh Planning Commission, Government of Bangladesh.. p-15.
- Bangladesh. Retrieved August 19, 2012 from http://transition.usaid.gov/bd/bangladesh.html
- GED (2012). Millennium Development Goals, Bangladesh Progress Report 2011. Dhaka: General Economics Division, Bangladesh Planning Commission, Government of Bangladesh.p.7
- MDGs and Bangladesh: Retrieved August 20,2012 from http://www.undp.org.bd/mdgs.php
- Millennium Development Goals. Retrieved August 22,2012,from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Development_Goals
- GED (2012). op.cit,p.19
- Titumir, Rashed Al Mahmud,. Rahman,K.M. Mustafizur,2011, Poverty and Inequality in Bangladesh, Unnayan Onneshan-The Innovators, Dhaka, Bangladesh, p.9.
- ILO, UNICEF, UNESCO. (2008), Child Labour and Education in Bangladesh: Evidence and Policy Recommendations, Bangladesh, Dhaka, p.5.
- GED (2012). op.cit,p.38
- The Daily Star.2012.Gender Equity Index on Bangladesh, the Daily Star, The Daily Star, Dhaka, Mach 08, 2012.
- Ahmed, Manzoor. (October2012). Violence-Reversing the culture of impunity, Forum, The Daily Star, Dhaka, Bangladesh, Vol.6. Issue10, p.15.
- GED (2010). Outline Perspective Plan of Bangladesh 2010- 2021: Making vision 2021 a reality, Dhaka: General Economics Division, Bangladesh Planning Commission, Government of Bangladesh. P.20.
- McCarthy, J and Maine, D 1992, A framework for analyzing the determinants of maternal mortality, Studies in Family Planning, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 23-33.
- Bangladesh and development: The path through the fields, Retrieved 03/11/2012 from http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21565617- bangladesh-has-dysfunctional-politics-and-stunted-privatesector- yet-it-has-been-surprisingly
- Maternal and Neonatal Health in Bangladesh, Retrieved October 08,2012 from http://www.unicef.org/bangladesh/Maternal_and_Neonatal_Hea lth.pdf
- HIV and AIDS in Bangladesh, Retrieved October 12,2012 from http://www.unicef.org/bangladesh/HIV_AIDS_in_Bangladesh %281%29.pdf
- HIV /AIDS in Bangladesh. Retrieved October 21,2012, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS_in_Bangladesh
- Selim,Dr Shajada..(April, 28, 2011). Malaria situation in Bangladesh, The Daily Sun, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- The Daily Star.(2012).Bangladesh 5th most disaster prone country, The Daily Star, Dhaka, Saturday, October 13, 2012.
- GED (2010).op.cit, p.81.
- Asian Tigers Capital Weekly Update, Dhaka,18 January 2009
- World Bank Data, Retrieved October,23,2012 from http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/IT.CEL.SETS.P2
- Next Eleven. Retrieved October 25,2012 from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Eleven
- Bangladesh : Out of the basket, Retrieved November 3,2012 from http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21565627- lessons-achievements%E2%80%94yes-reallyachievements% E2%80%94-bangladesh-out-basket
Abstract Views: 730
PDF Views: 3