Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Analytical Methods of Antidiabetic Drugs – Sitagliptin, Saxagliptin, Linagliptin, Alogliptin, Gemifibrozil, Troglitazone, Pioglitazone and Rosiglitazone: A Review
Analytical techniques used to determine chemical or physical property of analyte, chemical substance, chemical element or mixture. There are different types of analytical techniques used in pharmaceutical field for qualitative and quantitative estimation of drugs in biological fluids such as human plasma, human serum, human urine etc. and its formulations such as tablet, capsule, bulk drugs etc. This review work aims to provide most of existing analytical methods for analysis of Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP4) inhibitor and Peroxisome proliferator activated (PPAR) agonist. Estimation of Sitagliptin, Saxagliptin, Alogliptin, Gemifibrozil, Troglitazone, Pioglitazone, Linagliptin, and Rosiglitazone in active pharmaceutical ingredients, biological fluids and in various formulations which is reported in various research articles are reviewed. The analytical techniques which are utilised for the estimation of these drugs involves RP-HPLC, HPTLC, UPLC-MS/MS, LC-MS/MS, MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry, Raman spectroscopy, Liquid chromatography and Tandem mass spectrometry, TLC-densitometry with fluorescent detector, LC-ESI-MS-MS etc. are involved. The review assist in appropriate selection of analytical technique, mobile phase, column and detector based on available analytical instruments and chemicals by referring tabulated extensive condition. DPP4 inhibitor used in treatment of type 2 diabetes, hypoglycemia, weight loss etc. PPAR agonist also used in treatement of type 2 diabetes, in metabolic syndrome mainly for lowering triglycerides and blood sugar etc.
Analytical techniques, Biological fluids, DPP4 inhibitor, PPAR agonist, Diabetes.
- Willard Merritt DS. Instrumental Method of Analysis. 7th Ed. CBS Publisher 1986. P.1.
- Willard Merritt DS. Instrumental Method of Analysis. 7thEd. CBS Publisher 1986. P.3.
- Pankaj KC. Analytical Methods of Dihydropyridine Based Calcium Channel Blockers- Amlodipine, Lacidipine, Isradipine, Nifedipine, Felodipine, Clinidipine and it's related Formula, A Review. Asian J Research chem. 2021; 14(13):222.
- Thomas LL, David AW. Foye's principle of Medicinal chemistry. 7thEd. Wolters Kluwer (India) Publisher 1986. P.878.
- John MB, John NB, Wilson and, Girvold’s. Textbook of Organic Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry. 12thEd. Wolters Kluwer (India) Publisher 2011. P.666.
- Gabrielson KL, Kook KP. Simple and rapid LC-MS/MS method for determination of Sitagliptin in human plasma and application to bioequivalent. Journal of Chromatography B. 2020; 1159:122337.
- Yi- SL Chi-Y. Sensitive detection of quinolone- derivatives Sitagliptin in small volume of human plasma by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Atlanta. 2018-2020;121143.
- Has N, Muhammad IM."Raman spectroscopy for the qualitative and quantitative analysis of solid dosage form of Sitagliptin". Spectrochimic Act part A; Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy. 2021; 245:118900.
- Bhimireddy VRR, Nanduri R. Chiral separation of Sitagliptin phosphate enantiomer by HPLC using amylose based chiral stationary phase. Sciverse Science Direct; Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2013; 7:546-550.
- Xiaohui X, Roger D. Liquid chromatography and Tandem mass spectrometry method for the qualitative determination of Saxagliptin and its major pharmacologically active 5- monohydroxy Metabolite in human plasma: method validation and overcoming specific and non-specific binding at low concentrations, Journal of Chromatography B. 2012;889-899:77- 86.
- Hanan AM, Nesrin KR. Chromatographic method for simultaneous determination of binary mixture of Saxagliptin HCL and Metformin HCL. Bulletin of Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University. 2017.
- Sarif NK, Jane TJ. Stability indicating validated RP-HPLC techniques for the analysis of multicomponent anti- diabetic drug Combos in pharmaceutical dosage form. Karbala International Journal of Modern Science. 2015;1-10.
- Hytham MA, Mahmoud AO. HPTLC- densitometry analysis of selected Antidiabetic drug in presence of their degradation products. Micro Chemical Journal. 2020; 154:104560.
- Pravin SS, Archana G. Mixed mode solid phase extraction combined with LC-MS/MS for determination of Empagliflozine and Linqgliptin in human plasma". Micro Chemical Journal. 2019; 145:523-531.
- Noha SA, Sayed MD. Innovative TLC- densitometry method with fluorescent detection for simultaneous determination of ternary anti- diabetic mixture in pharmaceutical formulations and human plasma. Micro Chemical Journal. 2021; 165:106131.
- Marianne AM. Experimental design methodology for optimization and robustness determination in ion pair RP-HPLC method development; Application for the simultaneous determination of Metformin HCL, Alogliptin benzoate and Repaglinide in Tablet. Micro Chemical Journal. 2019; 147:691-706.
- Sekharan CB. Spectrophotometric determination of Alogliptin in Bulk and Tablet dosage form using Bromate-Bromate- mixture as brominating agent". Karbala International Journal of Modern science. 2017;1-10.
- Kun Z. A developed HPLC method for determination of Alogliptin benzoate and its potential impurities in Bulk drug and Tablet. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Science. 2015; 10:152-158.
- Roberta NC. UPLC-MS/MS method for Gemfibrozil determination in plasma with application to a pharmacokinetic study in healthy Brazilian volunteer. Journal of Chromatography B. 2019; 1125:121712.
- Jamstid LM. Spectrofluorometric and micelle- enhanced spectrometric method for the determination of Gemfibrozil in pharmaceutical preparation". Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2003; 31:507-513.
- Gonzaloz-Penas E. A sensitive method for determination of Gemfibrozil in human plasma sample by RP-LC. Journal of pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2001; 26:7-14
- Nobuyu in rat plasma using semi ki S, Naota M. Determination of Troglitazone stereoisomer -micro HPLC with electrochemical detection. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2005; 38:155-161.
- John L. Method development and validation for the HPLC potency assay of Troglitazone Tablet. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2000; 24:251-258.
- Agha LM. HPLC method development, validation and its application to investigate in vitro effect of Pioglitazone on the availability of H1 receptor antagonist. University of Bahrain. Journal of the Association of Arab Universities for Basic and Applied Sciences. (2016).
- Chinnalalaiah R. Liquid chromatography and Tandem mass spectrometry method of Pioglitazone and its metabolite 5-Hydroxy Pioglitazone in human plasma. Science Direct Annales Pharmacetique Francaises. Model Pharma-474. 2006(7).
- Xiao JN. Simultaneous determination of Glimepiride and Pioglitazone in human plasma by Liquid chromatography- tandem mass spectrometry and its application to pharmaceutical study. Journal of Chromatography B. 2014; 960:247-252.
- Rashid J, Fakhrul A. A highly sensitive LC-MS/MS method for concurrent determination of Sildenafil and Rosiglitazone in rat plasma. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2016; 129:21-27.
- Uttam SB. Gradient HPLC method development and validation for simultaneous estimation of Rosiglitazone and Gliclazide. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease. 2012;576-5760.
- Grace OM, Sudhakar MP. An Improved LC-ESI-MS-MS method for simultaneous quantitation of Rosiglitazone and N-desmethyl Rosiglitazone in human plasma. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 2008; 48:934-939.
- Maryam B, Andrew KD. Simple HPLC method for determination of Rosiglitazone in sheep plasma and amniotic fluid and its application in pregnant sheep model. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2011; 55:360-365.
- Kwon-BK, Dong JL. Simultaneous quantification of Rosiglitazone and its two major metabolites N- desmethyl and P-hydroxy Rosiglitazone in human plasma by Liquid chromatography/ Tandem mass spectrometry: Application to a pharmacokinetic study. Journal of Chromatography B. 2009; 877:1951-1956.
Abstract Views: 4
PDF Views: 0