Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
A Study of Impact of Pandemic on the Telecommunicationindustry: Descriptive Analysis of the Situation
Telecom industry within sector of Information and Communication technology and is the second largest in the world. In this research paper, which is descriptive in nature, researchers have tried to portray the support of telecom industry during COVID-19 situation to other sectors and challenges faced by it. The source of data is basically secondary by nature. Private players of telecom industry like Reliance Jio, Airtel and Vodafone Idea are studied in detail. During COVID situation, most people were confined to homes. The economy and businesses were run from home. Besides, when people had more leisure time at their disposal, the usage of data resulting from surfing, chatting, browsing, playing online games and so on increased drastically. This led to growth of telecom industry. The paper concludes that telecom industry is a booming sector, and it had low losses as compared to others. How telecos are responding to various challenges is also discussed in this paper.
Pandemic, Booming, Private Players, Challenges.
- Dhir(1992). The Challenge of Introducing Advanced Telecommunication Systems In India, The Global Issues Of Information Technology Management, pp.116-145.
- Dutt and Sundaram (2004). Indian Economy, Edition, 2004 Hao, K. (2020). Available online at: http://www.technologyreview.com/2020/03/16/905290/coronavirus-24000- research-papers-available-open-data/.
- ITU News (2020). COVID-19: How Korea is Using Innovative Technology And AI to Flatten The Curve? Available online at: https://www.itu.int/en/myitu/News/2020/05/06/11/53/COVID19-How-Koreais- using-innovative-technology-and-AI-to-flatten-the-curve
- Kumar, A., Balaji, M., Krishna, U., & Yadav, M. (2018). Jio-Bharti Airtel Data War and Strategy. In Harnessing Human Capital Analytics for Competitive Advantage, IGI Global, pp.171-179.
- Nadeem, M. and Abbas, Q. (2009). The Impact of Work Life Conflict on Job Satisfactions of Employees in Pakistan. International Journal of Business and Management, 4, 437-488.
- Petrie (2020). Coronavirus Occurrence And Transmission Over 8 Years In The HIVE Cohort Of Households In Michigan.: Arnold S Monto, Joshwa G.Petrie; The Journal Of Infectious Diseases ,volume 222, Issue1, pp. 9-16.
- Saif et al. (2011). The Effect of Work Life Balance on Employee Job Satisfaction among Non Executives in the Public Banking Sector in Pakistan, Human Resource Management Journal, 03(01): 60-71.
- Sandhya Joshi, Praveen Khurana, Shashi Khurana (2010). Service quality in Telecom Sector- A study of Telecom Service Providers of Chandigarh, Panchkula and Mohali; 1(1):2229-6883.
- Subedi, S.Nayaju, S.,Subedi,S., Shah,S.K., Shah, J.M.(2020).Impact Of E-Learning During COVID-19 Pandemic Among Students And Teachers Of Nepal, International Journal of Science and Healthcare Research 5(3), 9.
- Gurpreet Singh, Dr. Sanjiv Kumar Garg (2020): Affect of Covid-19 on Telecom sector in India- A review. Published by Pal Arch‘s Journal of Archaelogy of Egypt, Vol.17 No.6.
Abstract Views: 178
PDF Views: 0