Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Empirically Testing Income-Wise Perception of Different Beneficiaries Regarding Access to Financial Services through Cooperative Banks
The present study aims at empirically testing the perception of different respondents belonging to various income groups, regarding the access to financial services through cooperative banks. In order to fulfil the objectives of the study, both primary and secondary data are collected. The primary data are collected personally from beneficiaries of cooperative banks covered under financial inclusion drive of RBI operating in Jammu region and beneficiaries of cooperative banks operating in neighbouring tehsils of Himachal&Punjab. The responses are collected using a self-developed schedule sub-divided into socio-economic variables and specific information regarding access to financial services. The findings of the study, reveals that there exists significant difference between the perception of beneficiaries belonging to different income groups regarding the access to financial services through cooperative banks.
Income, Data, Financial Services, Cooperative Banks, Access, Perception, Financial Inclusion, RBI.
- Ali, I., & Hatta, Z. A. (2012). Women’s empowerment or disempowerment through microfinance: Evidence from Bangladesh. Asian Social Work and Policy Review, 6, 111-121.
- Barik, B. B. (2009). Financial inclusion and empowerment of Indian rural households. Retrieved from https://skotch.in/index.php?option=comcontent&view=article&id=1659. Accessed on 27-09-2014
- Beck, T., Cull, R., Fuchs, M., Getenga, J., Gatere, P., Randa, J., & Trandafir, M. (2010). Banking Sector Stability, Efficiency, and Outreach in Kenya.
- Chakrabarty, K. C. (2013). The What, Why, Who and How of Financial Literacy. Address by Former Deputy Governor, RBI at the stakeholders workshop on Financial Literacy, organized by UNDP, NABARD and Micro Sava.
- Chibba, M. (2009). Financial inclusion, poverty reduction and the millennium development goals. European Journal of Development Research, 21(2), 213-230.
- Coon, R. H., & Leistritz, J. (2012). Co-operative credit system at the district level. Indian Cooperative Review, 24(17), 81-92.
- Cosgun, U., & Bekiroglu, S. (2009). Financial analysis of forest village agricultural development cooperatives for using productive of Orkoy cooperative investments (Antalya Agricultural Development Cooperatives Example). 2nd Forestry Socio-Economics Problems Congress, pp.19-25.
- Cull, R., Kunt, A. D., & Lyman, T. (2012). Financial inclusion and stability: what does research show: CGAP Publications. Retrieved from https://openknowledge.worldbank.org. Accessed on 14-5-2015
- Dash, N. K. (2004). Revamping Cooperative Sector in Orrisa. Orrisa overview, 25-33
- Field, A. (2000). Discovering statistics using SPSS. London: Sage publications.
- Field, A. (2003). Discovering statistics using SPSS and sex and drugs and rock n roll windows (3rd Ed.). London: Sage publications.
- Goland, T., Bays, J., & Chaia, J. (2010). From millions to billions: Achieving full financial inclusion. McKinsey & Company.
- Inan, I. H. (2008). Agricultural Cooperation in Turkey and EU Model. ITO Publication, 67-73.
- Jha, B. K. (2008). Role of banking services in rural entrepreneurship (a case study of Sultanpur district U.P.). Banking and Finance, 21(6).
- Malhotra, N. K. (2008). Marketing research- An applied orientation. Prentice Hall.
- Malimba, R. (2009). Understanding the cooperatives: An institutional perspective. Ashgate, Rwanda.
- Manju & Mohika (2014). Cooperatives for financial inclusion: Concerns and challenges. 9th Asia pacific Regional Research conference BICC-Bali Indeonesia.
- Mishra, C. R. (2012). Financial inclusion and poverty reduction. International Journal’s Research Journal of Commerce & Behaviour Science, 1(6), 39-42.
- Mishra, C. R. (2012). Financial inclusion for sustainable development: A Critical literature review-the role of commercial banks & low-income peoples. International Journal’s Research Journal of Commerce & Behaviour Science, 1(8), 22-27.
- Pashkova, N. (2009). Food Marketing Cooperatives of Crete. A Financial Assessment Within the EU Context. 113th EAAE Seminar, September 3-6, 2009, Chania, Crete, Greece.
- Sarma, M. (2008). Index of Financial Inclusion, Working Paper No. 215, Retrieved on 17-09-2012 from http://www.icrier.org/pdf/Working_Paper_215.pdf
- Sarma, M., & Pais, J. (2008). Financial inclusion and development: A cross country analysis. Paper presented at the Annual Conference of the Human Development and Capability Association, New Delhi, 10-13 September.
- Simkhada, N. R. (2004). Innovations in Nepal’s Microfinance Sector and Benefits for Asia – A Case Study of Four Savings and Credit Cooperative Societies operating in the Hills of Nepal. Paper Presented to the Workshop on Sharing Microfinance Resources and Knowledge in South Asia. February 24.
- Thorat. (2006). Financial Inclusion - The Indian Experience. Reserve Bank of India, Bulletin, 61(7), 1165-1172.
- Voore, R. R. (1991). Cooperatives for Profits. Cooperatives Monthly Review, 19(3), 29-44.
Abstract Views: 129
PDF Views: 1