Open Access Subscription Access
M2DFR:Multi-Layer Multipath Data Forwarding Routing Protocol for Underwater Wireless Sensor Network
Objectives: To design and develop the Multi-layer Multipath Data Forwarding Routing (M2DFR) protocol for Underwater Wireless Sensor Network which controls the water depth, node mobility and can enhance the overall performance. Method/Analysis: M2DFR is based on three phases, one is design of architecture under which the deployment of the nodes are shown, second is the initialization phase which develops the multipath route selection mechanism between seabed source nodes to ordinary nodes which are deployed in the lower depth to upper layer, Acoustic Powerful Nodes (APNs) deployed in upper depth in fixed way in layers to surface sink nodes which are deployed on water surface, the route selection for multipath is based on RREQ/RREP through Weight Calculation Mechanism (WCM). Third phase focuses the data forwarding phase under which the shortest WCM is selected and from this route packets are forwarded from source nodes to sink nodes. Findings: Most of the existing protocols are unable to overcome the problem of water depth controlling, uncontrolled node mobility. Applications/Improvements: M2DFR is designed to extract the information from the bottom of the sea with its applications like: gold, oil/gas and minerals. The improved performance of M2DFR is measured with CBE2R and EMGGR.
- Ali B, Sher A, Javaid N, Aurangzeb K, Haider SI. Retransmission avoidance for reliable data delivery in Underwater WSNs. Sensors. 2018; 18(1):1–149. https://doi.org/10.3390/s18010149
- Ahmed M, Salleh M, Channa MI. CBE2R: Clustered-based Energy Efficient Routing protocol for Underwater Wireless Sensor Network. International Journal of Electronics. 2018; 105(11):1916–30. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207217.2018.1 494323
- Ahmed M, Salleh M, Channa MI, Rohani MF. RMEER: Reliable Multi-path Energy Efficient Routing Protocol for Underwater Wireless Sensor Network. IJECE. 2018; 8(6):1–9.
- Goyal N, Dave M, Verma AK. A novel fault detection and recovery technique for cluster‐based Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Communication Systems. 2018; 31(4):1–14. https://doi.org/10.1002/dac.3485
- Gomathi R, Manickam JML. Energy efficient shortest path routing protocol for underwater acoustic Wireless Sensor Network. Wireless Personal Communications: An International Journal. 2018; 98(1):843–56. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11277-017-4897-5
- Gul S, Jokhio SH, Jokhio IA. Light-weight depth-based routing for Underwater Wireless Sensor Network. International Conference on Advancements in Computational Sciences (ICACS); 2018. p. 1–7. PMCid: PMC5901503. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICACS.2018.8333483
- Wen J, Li D, Liu L, Yuan J. An estimated Hungarian method for data forwarding problem in Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks. 2018; 14(5):1–11. https://doi.org/10.1177/1550147718772538
- Ahsan M, Ahmed S, Hadi F, Wahab F, Ahmed I. A Recent study on routing protocols in UWSNs. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications. 2017; 8(4):431–5. https://doi.org/10.14569/IJACSA.2017.080457
- Zahoor A, Javaid N, Akbar M, Khan ZA. A new routing protocol for maximum coverage in square field for Underwater WSNs. 31st IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications; 2017. p. 272–7. https://doi.org/10.1109/AINA.2017.154
- Ahmed M, Salleh M, Channa MI. Routing protocols based on node mobility for Underwater Wireless Sensor Network (UWSN): A survey. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2017; 78:242–52. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnca.2016.10.022
- Coutinho RW, Boukerche A, Vieira LF, Loureiro AA. Geographic and opportunistic routing for Underwater Sensor Networks. IEEE Transactions on Computers. 2016; 65(2):548–61. https://doi.org/10.1109/TC.2015.2423677
- Ahmed M, Salleh M, Channa MI. Critical analysis of data forwarding routing protocols based on single path for UWSN. International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering. 2016; 6(4):1695–701. https://doi.org/10.11591/ijece.v6i4.10213
- Darehshoorzadeh A, Boukerche A. Underwater Sensor Networks: A new challenge for opportunistic routing protocols. Communications Magazine, IEEE. 2015; 53(11):98–107. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2015.7321977
- Javaid N, Jafri M, Ahmed S, Jamil M, Khan Z, Qasim U. Delay-sensitive routing schemes for underwater acoustic sensor networks. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks. 2015; 11(3):1–13. https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/532676
- Coutinho RW, Boukerche A, Vieira LF, Loureiro AA. GEDAR: Geographic and opportunistic routing protocol with depth adjustment for mobile underwater sensor networks. IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC); 2014. p. 251–6. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICC.2014.6883327
- Sun E, Shen X, Chen H, Wang C. Adaptive deployment scheme and multi-path routing protocol for WMSNs. Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. 2014; 12(2):1454–61.
- Ayaz M, Abdullah A, Faye I, Batira Y. An efficient dynamic addressing based routing protocol for Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks. Computer Communications. 2012; 35(4):475–86. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comcom. 2011.11.014
- Wahid A, Lee S, Kim D, Lim KS. MRP: A localization-free multi-layered routing protocol for Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks. Wireless Personal Communications: An International Journal. 2014 Aug; 77(4):2997–3012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11277-014-1690-6
- Al Salti F, Alzeidi N, Arafeh BR. EMGGR: An EnergyEfficient Multipath Grid-Based Geographic routing protocol for Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks. Wireless Networks. 2017; 23(4):1301–14. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11276-016-1224-0
Abstract Views: 370
PDF Views: 0