Open Access Subscription Access
A Study on Developing Iron Rich Product (Nutri Haemball) and it's Efficacy of Supplement on Nutritional Anaemia among Female Students at Selected College in Coimbatore
Objectives: To compare the effectiveness of Nutri Haemball with amla and without amla among female college students. Material and Methods: Quantitative approach, experimental design was adopted to compare the effectiveness of Nutri Haemball with and without amla among female college students (Experimental group I - 30 samples and Experimental group II - 30 samples) studying in Ganga Institution of Health Sciences, Coimbatore who fulfilled the inclusion criteria. Samples were selected through purposive sampling technique. Pre-test haemoglobin level was evaluated and Nutri Haemball with amla for Experimental group I and Nutri Haemball without amla for Experimental group II was administered for a period of 4 weeks and post-test level of haemoglobin level was analysed. Results: The post-test mean haemoglobin score of Experimental group I and II was 10.98 with SD of 2.05 and 9.19 with SD of 0.84. The calculated unpaired t value (t = 4.434) of pre-test and post-test leves of haemoglobin indicates that the statistical difference was high at p<0.001 among female college students. Conclusion: The result stated that the Nutri Haemball was effective in increasing haemoglobin level among female college students and can be further utilized as a measure for preventing Nutritional anaemia (Iron Deficiency Anaemia).
Haemoglobin, Nutritional Anaemia, Nutri Haemball
- Chandar D, Naik BN, Thumati G, Sarkar S. Assessment of dietary habits and nutritional status among adolescent girls in a rural area of Puducherry: A communitybased cross-sectional study. International Journal of Adolescent Medicine and Health. 2020; 32(5). https:// doi.org/10.1515/ijamh-2018-0001 PMID: 30864427
- Ghaffar F, Waqar F. Prevalence of iron deficiency anaemia in young adolescent girls at University of Peshawar. Pakistan Journal of Physiology. 2018; 14(3):33–6.
- Rehmat T, Yousuf N, Zia N, Tariq U. Assessment of Hemoglobin level in relation to dietary habits among adolescent girls. Annals of Punjab Medical College. 2020; 14(3):240–4. https://doi.org/10.29054/ apmc/2020.877
- Rajkumar DJ, Manikandan R, Mathuf MA, Aakash KS, Kumar TR, Sarumathy S, Logaraj M. Effect of health education and iron supplementation on haemoglobin levels in adolescent girls. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2018; 11(7):2761–4. https://doi. org/10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00510.3
- Christian SV, Sarate S. Effectiveness of iron supplements on haemoglobin level - A literature review. 2020.
- Grover K, Choudhary M. Effectiveness of long-term community-based nutrition intervention for prevention and management of anaemia among adolescent girls. Asian J Dairy Food Res. 2017; 36(3):235–40. https://doi. org/10.18805/ajdfr.v36i03.8961
Abstract Views: 23
PDF Views: 9