Open Access Subscription Access
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Implementation Approach: A Qualitative Research
The advent of Information technology has seen leap over years to overcome all human challenges and barriers. With introduction of artificial intelligence and decision science it is now possible to automate every aspect of industrialization possible. Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is such an invention that is claimed to bring productivity and efficiency gains. Through this qualitative research paper, it is aimed to unleash the use of RPA and the way the project teams from IT are implanting the successful Robots. There is no real time implementation data available which would give a base line for further research and development of RPA technology. The researcher chose qualitative research methodology, to gain better insight from small focused group on how they strategize the RPA projects within IT industry today for their end customers. The exploratory study revealed that though there is theoretical base to RPA implementation, new advances through process and text mining has introduced further earned confidence to organizations in implementing more RPA and reduces wastage's and Opex.
Robotic Process Automation, RPA Implementation, RPA Strategy, Qualitative Research, RPA
- Agaton, B., &Swedberg, G. (2018). “Evaluating and Developing Methods to Assess Business Process Suitability for Robotic Process Automation”. publications.lib.chalmers.se. Chalmers University of Technology University of Gothenburg. https://publications.lib.chalmers.se/records/fulltext/255664/255664.pdf
- Automation Anywhere. (2022) “Attended vs Unattended RPA | Software Robot. Automation Anywhere”. https://www.automationanywhere.com/rpa/attended-vs-unattended rpa#:~:text=Unattended%20RPA%20bots%20work%20independently.
- Behrens. (2014, October 29) “Hidden Benefits of RPA: Scalability.” www.uipath.com; www.uipath.com. https://www.uipath.com/blog/rpa/hidden-benefits-of-rpa-scalability
- Blue Prism Limited. (2022, August16).“Code stage”. Bpdocs.blueprism.com. https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-7/en-us/frmStagePropertiesCode.htm
- Devarajan, Y. (2018). “A Study of Robotic Process Automation Use Cases Today for Tomorrow’s” Business International Journal of Computer Techniques, 5(Issue 6). http://www.ijctjournal.org/Volume5/Issue6/IJCT-V5I6P3.pdf
- Herm, L.-V., Janiesch, C., Helm, A., Imgrund, F., Hofmann, A., & Winkelmann, A. (2022). “A framework for implementing robotic process automation projects”. Information Systems and E-Business Management. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10257-022-00553-8
- IBM Cloud Education. (2020, November 16). “What is Text Mining?” www.ibm.com. https://www.ibm.com/cloud/learn/text-mining
- Kommera, V. (2019). “Robotic Process Automation”. American Journal of Intelligent Systems, 9(2), 49–53. https://doi.org/10.5923/j.ajis.20190902.01
- Kosmopoulos, C. (2020, September 17). “7 Secrets to Scaling Robotic Process Automation (RPA)”. www.blueprintsys.com. https://www.blueprintsys.com/blog/ rpa/secrets-to-scaling-rpa
- Kumar, K. N., & Balaramachandran, P. R. (2018). “Robotic process automation - a study of the impact on customer experience in retail banking industry”. Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, 23(3), 1–27. https://www.icommercecentral.com/ open-access/robotic-process-automation-a-study-of-the-impact-on-customer-experience -in-retail-banking-industry.php?aid=87176#8
- Lappi, T., & Aaltonen, K. (2017, April 4). “Project governance in public sector agile software projects”. Emerald Insight; Emerald. https://www.emerald.com/insight /content/doi/10.1108/IJMPB-04-2016-0031/full
- Miles, M. B., Huberman, A. M., & Saldaña, J. (2014). “Qualitative Data Analysis”, Methods Sourcebook (pp. 74–75). Sage.
- Mohan, K., Xu, P., Cao, L., & Ramesh, B. (2008). “Improving change management in software development: Integrating traceability and software configuration management”. Decision Support Systems, 45(4), 922–936. https://doi.org/10.1016 /j.dss.2008.03.003
- Taulli, T. (2020). “The robotic process automation handbook: a guide to implementing RPA systems”(pp. 101–114). Apress. https://link.springer.com/chapter/ 10.1007/978-1-4842-5729-6_5#citeas
- Yatskiv, S., Voytyuk, I., Yatskiv, N., Kushnir, O., Trufanova, Y., & Panasyuk, V. (2019). “Improved Method of Software Automation Testing Based on the Robotic Process Automation Technology”. 2019 9th International Conference on Advanced Computer Information Technologies (ACIT). https://doi.org/10.1109/acitt.2019. 8780038.
Abstract Views: 7
PDF Views: 2