Self-Focused Attention, Awareness and Use of Social Media as Determinants of Social Well-Being of LIS Postgraduate Students in Nigerian Universities
- Abdollah, T. H, Kaldi, A, Mohagheghi Kamal, H., Setare Forouzan, A. and Salehi, M. (2008). A study of social well-being among students. Social Welfare, 8(30&31),171-190. Retrieved on 9th Jan 2020.http://refahj.uswr.ac.ir/article-1-1923-en.html.
- Abele, A., Silvia, P. and Zöller-Utz, I. (2005). Flexible effects of positive mood on self-focused attention. Cognition and Emotion, 19(4), 623-631.
- Adekonojo, O, Ajiboye, B.A. and Adekonojo, T.D. (2019). Awareness and usage of social media by undergraduates in selected universities in Ogun State. IAFOR Journal of Arts and Humanities, 6(2), 49-57.
- Ahn, J. (2011). The effect of social network sites on adolescents’ social and academic development: Current theories and controversies. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 62(8), 1435–1445. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/asi.21540.
- Akhter, N., Akhter, N. and Asif, R. (2017). Using social media websites in enhancing learning and interactions at post graduate level. Journal of Educational Research, 20(1), 58-73.
- Bakhtiarpoor, S., Heidarie, A. and Khodadadi, S.A. (2011). The relationship of the self-focused attention, body image concern and generalized self-efficacy with social anxiety in students. Life Science Journal-Acta Zhengzhou University Overseas Edition,8(4), 704-713.
- Bekalu, A.M., McCloud, R.F. and Viswanath, K. (2019). Association of social media use with social well-being, positive mental health and self-rated health: Disentangling routine use from emotional connection to use. Health Education and Behaviour,46(2S), 69S–80S.
- Bhardwaj, R. K. (2014). Use of social networking sites by LIS professionals in higher education institutions in India: A Study. The Reference Librarian, 55(1), 74-88. Retrieved on 2nd Feb 2020. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02763877.2014.855604.
- Bögels, S.M. and Mansell, W. (2004). Attention processes in the maintenance and treatment of social phobia: Hypervigilance, avoidance and self-focused attention. Clinical Psychology Review. 24(7), 827-856
- Burke, M. and Kraut, R. (2016). The relationship between Facebook use and well-being depends on communication type and tie strength. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 21(4), 265–281. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jcc4.12162
- Cant, M. C., Nel, P., Wiid, J. A. and Hebblethwaite, D. (2017). Empirical results of the awareness of social media and its application by academics in teaching in New Zealand. Journal of Business and Retail Management Research (JBRMR), 12(1), 1-12.
- Carver, C. S. and Scheier M. F. (1982). Attention and Self-Regulation. Springer: New York.
- Daniels, S. M. (2011). Social Anxiety, Attention Control, and Performance Deficits. An unpublished PhD thesis submitted at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro; p. 90
- Duval, T. S. and Wicklund R. A. (1972). A Theory of Objective Self-Awareness. Academic Press: New York.
- Ezekiel S. Asemah and Ita Bassey Ekanem (2013). Facebook and relationship management among students of Anambra State University, Uli, Nigeria. International Review of Social Sciences and Humanities, 6(1), 205-216.
- Fathi, M., Ajamnejad, R. and Khakrangin, M. (2013). Factors contributing to social health among teachers of Maraghe city. Social Welfare Quarterly, 12, 225–43.
- Haneefa, M. K. and Sumitha E. (2011). Perception and use of social networking sites by the students of Calicut University, DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology, 31(4), 295-301.
- Holsten, H. H. (2018). How does Social Media Affect Your Well-Being? The University of Oslo. Retrieved on 7th Feb 2020. https://partner.sciencenorway.no/forskningno-norway-partner/how-does-social-media-affect-your-well-being/1454613.
- Herold, B. (2018). Teens’ rising social media use is not all bad news. Education Week, 38(5), Editorial Projects in Education, Inc. Retrieved 2nd Dec 2019. https://link.gale.com/apps/doc/A556476811/GPS?u=unilagos&sid=GPS&xid=dde8cd5a.
- Howard, C. (2014). Social Media and Young Adult’s Well-Being. An unpublished Master’s Thesis submitted to the Graduate Faculty of the Fort Hays State University, USA; p. viii-70. Retrieved on Nov. 19, 2019. https://scholars.fhsu.edu/theses/62.
- Hussain, M., Loan, F. A. and Yaseen, G. (2017). The use of Social Networking Sites (SNS) by the postgraduate students. International Journal of Digital Library Services, 7(1), 72-84.
- Javadi-Pashaki, N. and Darvishpour, A. (2018). What are the predictor variables of social well-being among the medical science students? Journal of Educational Health Promotion,7, 20.
- Keyes, C.L.M. (1998). Social well-being. Social Psychology Quarterly, 61(2),121-140.
- Kley, H., Tuschen-Caffier, B. and Heinrichs, N. (2011). Safety behaviours, self-focused attention and negative thinking in children with social anxiety disorder, socially anxious and non-anxious children. Journal of behavior Therapy and Experimental Psychiatry, 43(1), 548-555.
- Kiropoulos, L.A. and Klimidis, S. (2006). A self-focused attention scale: Factor structure and psychometric properties. Cognitive Therapy and Research, 30(3), 297-306.
- Lages, A., Magalhaes, E., Autunes, C. and Ferreira, C. (2018). Social well-being scales: Validity and reliability evidence in the Portuguese context. Revista PSICOLOGIA, 32(2), 15-26. http://dx.doi.org/10.17575/rpsicol.v32i2.1334
- Mikulincer, M. (1994). Human Learned Helplessness: A Coping Perspective. New York: Plenum Press.
- Mor, N. and Winquist, J. (2002). Self-focused attention and negative affect: A meta-analysis. Psychological Bulletin, 128(4), 638.
- Mozaffari, N., Dadkhah, B., Shamshiri, M., Mohammadi M. A., Dehghan Nayeri, N. (2014). The status of social well-being in Iranian nurses: A cross-sectional study. Journal Caring Science, 3, 239-246.
- Musa, A. S., Azmi, M. N. L. and Ismail, N. S. (2015). Awareness and usage of social media: A study of mass communication students of Kano State Polytechnic. International Conference on Languages ICL 2015 Kuala Lumpur. Retrieved on 4th November, 2019. https://www.academia.edu/22434245/AWARENESS_AND_USAGE_OF_SOCIAL_MEDIA_A_STUDY_OF_MASS_COMMUNICATION_STUDENTS_OF_KANO_STATE_POLYTECHNIC.
- Munshi, S. A., Mostafa, M. and Alam, M. (2018). Uses of social networking sites among postgraduate students at the University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh: A study. DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology, 38(1).
- Nagaraja, S., Shashikiran, M., Mahadeva, S. and Mousumee M. (2016). Awareness and use of social media by student teachers: A Study. International Journal of Next-Generation Library and Technologies, 2(4), 1-14
- Okoro, J. (2018). Extent of Awareness and Accessibility of Social Media in Teaching and Learning Business Education as Perceived by Lecturers in Colleges of Education. ATBU, Journal of Science, Technology and Education, 6(1), 206-212.
- Salehi, A., Marzban, M., Sourosh, M., Sharif, F., Nejabat, M. and Imanieh, M. H. (2017). Social well-being and related factors in students of school of nursing and mid-wifery. International Journal of Community Based Nurs Midwifery, 5(1), 82-90.
- Samad, S., Nilashi, M. and Ibrahim, O. (2019). The impact of social networking sites on students’ social wellbeing and academic performance. Educational Information Technology, 24, 2081-2094. Retrieved on 2nd Jan 2020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10639-019-09867-6.
- Sheikh, A. (2016). Awareness and use of academic social networking websites by the faculty of CIIT. Qualitative and Quantitative Methods in Libraries (QQML), 5, 177-188. Retrieved 2 February, 2020. http://www.qqml.net/papers/March_2016_Issue/5117QQML_Journal_2016_Arslan_Sheikh_177-188.pdf.
- Shihab, I. (2015). Social Media Awareness and use among LIS Professionals in India: A Study. International Journal of Information Dissemination and Technology, 5(2), 68.
- Silvia, P. J. and Eichstaedt, J. (2004). A self-novelty manipulation of self-focused attention for Internet and laboratory experiments. Behaviour Research Methods, Instruments, and Computers, 36, 325-330.
- Silvia, P.J. and Gendolla, G. H. (2001). On introspection and self-perception: Does self-focused attention enable accurate self-knowledge? Review of General Psychology, 5(3), 241.
- Silvia, P.J., Moore, L.C. and Nardello, J.L. (2014). Trying and quitting: How self-focused attention influences effort during difficult and impossible tasks. Self and Identity, 13(2), 231-242.
- Silvia, P.J. and Phillips, A.G. (2013). Self-awareness without awareness? Implicit self-focused attention and behavioural self-regulation. Self and Identity, 12(2), 114-127.
- Teghe, D. and Rendell, K. (2005). Social wellbeing: A literature review. School of Social Work and Welfare Studies, CQU: Rockhampton.
- Van, L. E, Barry, M. M., Molcho, M., Morgan, K., Watson, D. and Harrington J. (2012). Measuring population mental health and social well-being. International Journal of Public Health, 57. 421–30.
- Verduyn, P., Ybarra, O., Résibois, M., Jonides, J. and Kross, E. (2017). Do social network sites enhance or undermine subjective well-being? A critical review. Social Issues and Policy Review, 11(1), 274–302. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/sipr.12033
- World Health Organisation (2014). Mental health: A state of well-being. Retrieved 7th Feb. 2020. http://www.who.int/features/factfiles/mental_health/en/.
Abstract Views: 60
PDF Views: 2