Study of Purchasing Attitude with Reference to Consumer Ethnocentrism
Purpose: Main objective of this research paper is to study of purchasing attitude with reference to consumer ethnocentrism in Surat region.
Design: This research design is descriptive using a non-probability convenience sampling method. Survey was conducted on a sample of 250 consumers through developing online structured questionnaire.
Findings: Majority of consumers are more likely to consider the image of the country of origin when making purchasing decisions. Price, quality, ease of availability, availability of after sales services and previous experience were affecting purchasing decisions.
Research limitations/implications: With this study researcher tried to establish a relationship between consumer ethnocentrism attitude and demand for domestic products.
Contribution and value-add: This study would enhance consumer ethnocentrism attitude where research on consumer ethnocentrism is still not popular. The research study attempts on the background to develop positive attitude towards domestic goods or “local for vocal” theme in India.
- Shimp, t. A. And sharma, s. (1987,). Consumer ethnocentrism: construction and validation of the cetscale. Journal of marketing research, 24: 280-289.
- Akdogan, m.sukru et al. The effects of consumer ethnocentrism and consumer animosity on the re-purchase intent: the moderating role of consumer Study of Purchasing Attitude w.r.t Consumer …Dr. S. Limbad and Dr. V. Patel |66 loyalty. Emerging markets journal, Volume 2, page no 1-12, Jan.2012.ISSN 2158-8708.
- Alsughayir abdulrahman (2013), consumer ethnocentrism: a literature review, international journal of business and management invention, issn (online): 2319 – 8028, issn (print): 2319 – 801x, volume 2 issue 5, may. 201, pp.50-54
- Cheng lu wang zhen xiong chen, (2004),"consumer ethnocentrism and willingness to buy domestic products in a developing country setting: testing moderating effects", journal of consumer marketing, vol. 21 iss 6 pp. 391 – 400
- C. Min han & chen guo (2018): how consumer ethnocentrism (cet), ethnocentric marketing, and consumer individualism affect ethnocentric behavior in china, journal of global marketing, issn: 0891-1762 (print) 1528-6975 (online)
- Maksan, m., tomić, damir, k., & marija, c. (2019). The influence of consumer ethnocentrism on purchase of domestic wine: application of the extended theory of planned behaviour. Appetite, 142 (2019)
- Du yu. (2014). Consumer ethnocentrism and its effects on attitude and behaviour of chinese consumers. Computer modelling & new technologies, 18(12c),748– 753.
Abstract Views: 13
PDF Views: 0