Open Access Subscription Access
Wimax Network Performance Analysis Using Qualnet Network Simulator
WIMAX (World Wide Interoperability for Microwave Access) is used to provide a wireless solution in the metropolitan area networks. WIMAX network is capable of wide range coverage, high data rates, secured transmission and mobility supported at vehicular speed. Mobile WIMAX is one of the best concepts for system designed in fixed wireless access to provide good performance and cost effective solution. In this paper, performance of the WIMAX network is analyzed in terms of throughput, end to end delay, and jitter and packet reception. Simulation is carried out using QUALNET simulator. In this paper AODV, DYMO, ZRP routing protocols are applied to the created mobility scenario. DYMO shows best packet reception, highest throughput, low jitter and low end to end delay. We can say DYMO showed best performance out of AODV, ZRP. Later we have compared WIMAX scenario having mobility and having no mobility by applying DYMO Protocol which we have got under experimentation in terms of best performance. WIMAX scenario having no mobility shows the highest packet reception, high through put, low jitter and low end to end delay compared to the WIMAX scenario having mobility. Later we have applied fading condition to the mobility scenario and it is compared with the WIMAX mobility scenario under no fading condition. We have got the result of high throughput and high packet reception in WIMAX Mobility scenario under no fading condition. To improve the Packet Reception in WIMAX mobility scenario under fading condition, we will going to Apply ARQ. As a result we have got the improved packet reception after applying ARQ to the WIMAX mobility Scenario under fading condition. WIMAX Scenario having Mobility Under fading and WIMAX Scenario having no Mobility under fading is compared. We have got high throughput and high packet reception in WIMAX Scenario having Mobility Under fading condition.
WIMAX, AODV, HRQ, Tangbility.
- Fahoud, A.Y. and Lobiyal, D.K.,” Comparative analysis of WiMAX performance through mobility mode and fixed mode using qualnet simulator”, PP. 1308 – 1313, (ICCCA), 2015.
- Performance evaluation of coded OFDM based WiMAX system under different fading environments.
- WiMAX Forum White Papers, "Mobile WiMAX - part I: a technical and performance evaluation," WiMAX Forum, Tech. Rep., Aug. 2006.
- QualNet-7.1-Advanced Wireless-ModelLibrary
- A novel algorithm with a new form of Adaptive Modulation for Mobile W iMA X performance improvement by Mohammed Tareq and shayiek MD
Abstract Views: 706
PDF Views: 204