Open Access Subscription Access
Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya:Herbinger of Higher Education
The vision of Malaviya ji was so perfect and dynamic that every solution regarding the problems of higher education is there. The motive of Malaviyaji was to make higher education answerable in any condition, period or time. The concept of globlisation from the vision of Madan Mohan Malaviya could be seen in the following version "And the creator and benefactor of the world , the universal soul moving in all, brought together his all children of the east and the west, and induced their mind to that unanimity which meanest good and right understanding directed them to raise this home of universal learning in the capital town of the lord of universe". (printed in copper plate, 1916, BHU) again Malaviya pray was "May Saraswati, inearned in the shurti-heart of wisdom, ever bloom and shine with worship from her humane children, may they ever assiduously imbibe the vital milk of knowledge flowing from her sweet breast of science and philosophy :may all hearts turns to act as good alone: may all hearts be filled with love of supreme." (Printed in copper plate 1916 BHU) so this was the globalized vision and religious thought of Malaviyaji to enhance higher education in global scenario. At that time somebody propose this university as a sectarian University. They thought that the existing university had been exercising a difference between Hindu and Muslim. The reply of this objection Malaviya said in his speech in the imperial legislative council "The University will be a denominational institution but not a sectarian one.
Madan Mohan Malviya, Congress, British Rule, Higher Education, BHU.
- Dar S.L. and Somaskandan. S.(1966) Cooper plate writings ,1916, from the history of Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, BHU press,
- Dar S.L. and Somaskandan. S., (1966) Malaviya speech as pro chancellor in 1916, from the history of Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, BHU press,
- Report of Indian Industrial Commission, pp. 268.
- Parmanand, (1985), Mahamana Madan Mohan Malviya Adhyayan Sansthan, Varanasi, BHU, Vol. 2, pp. 457.
- Bakshi S.R.(1991), Madan Mohan Malviya, the Man and his ideology, New Delhi, Anmol publication, pp. 245.
- Inspiring episode on Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya part 1, Zm, PZT-1, 22.
- Pandey Vishvanath (2006) Founder of Banaras Hindu University; Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan malviya Varanasi Publication ll BHU
- Tripathi Pujya Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya ji ke sath 30,pp.31-86
- Tiwari U.D.,(2007), A Short Biography of Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya Varanasi, Mahaman Malviya foundation p. 53, 2007.
- Pragya (2010-1) 150th Mahamana Malviya Jyanti Visheshank. Vol. 56. Part.
- Singh Nand lal Mahamana Malviya ji Birth Sanctuary commemoration Vol. 1, pp. 97-99 BHU Library.
- Narlikar, J.V., (1997), Bull. Astr. Soc. India, , 25, 37.
- Narlikar, V.V., (2002), In Inspiring Episode on Mahamana Pt. Madan Mohan Malaviya Part 1 (in English; collection and compilation By U.D. Tiwari), Mahaman Malaviya Foundation, Varanasi, pp. 4957.
- Joshi, S.S.,(1951), In Mahamana Malaviya ji Birth Centenary Volume, All-India Malviya Centenary Celebration committee, BHU, Varanasi, p. 105.
- Menon, C.N,(2004). Mahamana ke Prerak prasang, Part I (In Hindi), Mahamana Malaviya Foundation, Varanasi, p. 283
- Dwivedi, B.N. (2010), Malaviya‘s vision on science and technology: celebrating his 150th birth anniversary Current Science, Vol. 99, No. 11, 10 December 2010.
- Mishra A.B.,(1961) "The purpose of the Hindu University", In Mahamana Malaviya ji Birth Centenary Volume, all-India Malaviya Centenary Celebration Committee, BHU, Varanasi, p 119.
- Akkad, B.J.,(1948), Pt. Malaviya ji,Bombay, Vora Co.
- Atrey, B.L. (1960) Extension Lecture on the life and works of Pt. Madan Mohan Malviya, , Utkal, Utkal Univ. Press
- Agarwal J.S (1980), Seven Indian Educationists", New Delhi, Arya Book Depot, Publication divisions, Ministry of Education, G.O..
- Dwivedi, Krishna Dutt, 1981 "Bhartiya Punerjagaran and Madan Malviya, Varanasi, B.H.U. Publication, Dhruva A.B., Malaviya Commemoration Volume, Banaras, B.H.U.
- Govt. of India, (1947) Pt. Madan Mohan Malviya, Creator of Modern India, New Delhi
- Lal, Mukut Behari,(1978), Mahamana Madan Mohan Malviya: Jivan and Netrative, Varanasi: Tara Prakashan.
- Rajput, J.S. (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Indian Education
Abstract Views: 306
PDF Views: 1