Open Access Subscription Access
Tracing the Trend and Pace of Women Empowerment in the Naduar Area of Sonitpur District Assam ( A Case Study Among the Elected Representatives of 2007 and 2018)
Women Empowerment is an emerging movement in the late of 20th century. It is recognized as a key element to achieve progress by women in all areas. The women community in the world is still lagging behind in respect of all areas-socio, economic, political. In India also the development of women community is very slow although the country has completed 70 years of its Independence. But it can be said that a country like India which is regarded as the largest democracy in the world cannot be successful in its nation building process neglecting half of the population, the women community. In our paper we will try to make a comparative study among the members who elected as members of Naduar Anchalik Panchayat, President of various Gaon Panchayas under Naduar Dev. Block and also as ward members of various Gaon Panchayats under Naduar dev. Block, Jamugurihat of Sonitpur district, Assam, in the year 2007 and 2018, to examine the progress achieved by women involving in grass ischolar_main level politics. A total 40 women representative will be considered as sample of our study, 20 from among the elected representatives of 2007 and 20 from among the elected representatives of 2018. A questionnaire will be prepared for data collection
Empowerment, Democracy, Participation.
- Baruah, Dr. Jayanta (2015) . Political Participation of Student Community in Assam, Guwahati, Sri Ganesh Printers
- Baruah, Dr. Jayanta, (2015(ed) . Women in North-Eastern States: An Exclusive Study of the Issues of Women, Guwahati, APPOCCUS, Cotton College,
- Baruah, Dr. Jayanta, (ed) (2011). Dimension of Rural Development in North East India: A Critical Study, Krantikaal Prakashan, Nagaon.
- Baruah, Dr. Jayanta,(ed)(2012). Socio-Economic Development in North-East India: A Comprehensive Approach, Nagoan. Krantikaal Prakashan
- Das, Puspalata. 2001 ―Empowerment of Women‖ in the Journal of Assam Legislative Assembly, Special Volume, April 7, 2001.
- Dr. Vatsyayan, (1992). Political Sociology (4th Edition), Meerut, Kedarnath Ramnath & Co.
- Ghai, U.R.,1995. Comparative Politics & Government, New Academic Publishing Co., Jalandhar.
- Hussian, Monirul; 1993 . The Assam Movement: Class Ideology And Identity, Manak Publication Pvt. Ltd..
- Lewis S. Feuer, (1969). The Conflict of Generations, New York, Basic Books
- Pathak, Dr. Jyotiraj, (ed) ( 2015) . Journal of North east Region, Dept. of Political Science, Bodoland University,Vo l-3, No.-1.
- Rajimwale Anil,(2001). History of Student Movement in India;New Delhi, Manak Publication
- Rush, Michael & Philip Althoff, 1971. An Introduction to Political Sociology, Nelson, London.
- Shah, Ghansyam, (1990). Social Movements In India: A Review Of Literature, New Delhi, Sage Publication
- Sharma, Monorama. 1990; Social and Economic Change in Assam, Ajanta Publication.
- Suchinamayee, Rachna. ―Reservation as a strategy for Political Empowerment‖ in ―Women in Indian Politics‖.p-235
Abstract Views: 293
PDF Views: 0